shadowbreaker513
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2005
- Messages
- 1,410
Closest forum I could find for something like this.
Because of all the problems that my current computer has been giving me, I'm considering taking out the RAM and video card and selling the damn thing. I would then use the money to finance a new build using the RAM and video card. Of course I would stick some cheap RAM and a cheap video card in there just so it will work but I was wondering if I should tweak it as well. For example, spend $8 on some flashy heatspreaders for the RAM and throw on some cheap cable sleeving. From what I've seen, this makes the ebay nubbins go ballistic and far overbid. Also from the endless gaming computer spamming on ebay from crappy dealers like the one I bought my rig from, I was wondering if it was worth the extra cost ($30 or so) to have my sale as a featured listing. Those are the 2 or 3 listings at the top of every page. I'm thinking spending this bit of money will either greatly increase the sale price, or screw me over and leave me with less than I would have had. The auction would be for.
Axio x5 series case
Amd Athlon64 3200+ s754 Newcastle
Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard
1024mb RAM (something generic; may buy heatspreaders)
Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE hard drive
Thermaltake 480w Silent Purepower Xazer II psu with fan controller (may sleeve cables)
Samsung CD burner
Toshiba DVD ROM
Generic Floppy
56k modem
Sound card from my parts box
(MABYE) KWorld Studio TV Terminator tv tuner with FM tuner, breakout box, and remote
Low end video card (pick up a cheap 9200 or fx5200)
4 80mm case fans
1 normal fan grill
1 lazer cut fan grill
Acrylic Window Kit with molding
Round floppy cable
I'm hoping to get at least $500 for this. Preferably more. Can anybody think of any selling tactics to help me get at least this?
Also if anyone cares the new stuff would be a minor upgrade, but mainly to clear the air of curses surrounding that computer.
Along the lines of this
Motherboard - DFI LanParty UT - $102 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-136-147&depa=1
CPU - Athlon64 S754 3400+ - $219 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-484&depa=1
Optical - BenQ DVD +- Dual Layer - $50 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-101-632&depa=1
HDD - Seagate 200GB SATA - $123 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-033&depa=1
PSU - OCZ 450w Modstream - $89 - http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...de=M&Product_Code=100176&Category_Code=ps-400
(Also please don't tell me to go s939)
Because of all the problems that my current computer has been giving me, I'm considering taking out the RAM and video card and selling the damn thing. I would then use the money to finance a new build using the RAM and video card. Of course I would stick some cheap RAM and a cheap video card in there just so it will work but I was wondering if I should tweak it as well. For example, spend $8 on some flashy heatspreaders for the RAM and throw on some cheap cable sleeving. From what I've seen, this makes the ebay nubbins go ballistic and far overbid. Also from the endless gaming computer spamming on ebay from crappy dealers like the one I bought my rig from, I was wondering if it was worth the extra cost ($30 or so) to have my sale as a featured listing. Those are the 2 or 3 listings at the top of every page. I'm thinking spending this bit of money will either greatly increase the sale price, or screw me over and leave me with less than I would have had. The auction would be for.
Axio x5 series case
Amd Athlon64 3200+ s754 Newcastle
Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard
1024mb RAM (something generic; may buy heatspreaders)
Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE hard drive
Thermaltake 480w Silent Purepower Xazer II psu with fan controller (may sleeve cables)
Samsung CD burner
Toshiba DVD ROM
Generic Floppy
56k modem
Sound card from my parts box
(MABYE) KWorld Studio TV Terminator tv tuner with FM tuner, breakout box, and remote
Low end video card (pick up a cheap 9200 or fx5200)
4 80mm case fans
1 normal fan grill
1 lazer cut fan grill
Acrylic Window Kit with molding
Round floppy cable
I'm hoping to get at least $500 for this. Preferably more. Can anybody think of any selling tactics to help me get at least this?
Also if anyone cares the new stuff would be a minor upgrade, but mainly to clear the air of curses surrounding that computer.
Along the lines of this
Motherboard - DFI LanParty UT - $102 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-136-147&depa=1
CPU - Athlon64 S754 3400+ - $219 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-484&depa=1
Optical - BenQ DVD +- Dual Layer - $50 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-101-632&depa=1
HDD - Seagate 200GB SATA - $123 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-033&depa=1
PSU - OCZ 450w Modstream - $89 - http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...de=M&Product_Code=100176&Category_Code=ps-400
(Also please don't tell me to go s939)