Ebay scams?

twoeyes

Limp Gawd
Lately i've been seeing a lot of this type of stuff on auctions for 2405/2407/3007FPW auctions:

"EMAIL ME @ [email protected] BEFORE YOU BID OR BID CANCELED" etc etc

Well I email them to see whats up, often they ask for a direct sale with some sort of direct bank wire. This guy says he'll sell a 3007FPW for $600 well thats a damn good deal but its a 90% certainty of a scam, or is it?

Share your thoughts

Scam. If they won't use the traditional methods (paypal) it starts getting very suspicious, since direct wire bank transfers aren't exactly the safest way to pay for things online.

its a scam, my brother who didnt know about it and is computer stupid thought it was a great deal and got ripped off for about 500$

So yeah its a scam

damn thanks guys :) He claims he works at an airport and they "find" things :eek:

Scam...however if he has good feedback it probably means that he actually does ship the product for those prices. Direct from a UPS/Fedex terminal straight to your door....just hope he doesn't land in federal 'pound me in the ass' before he ships yours. :D

He has good feedback all from shoes ... i think he might be legit though and i wouldnt mind having a 3007 for $300 :eek: :eek: :eek: (he said he'd give me half price until it came to my door)

I'd say as long as you can use a payment method like paypal you're safe, but as soon as you start playing by the seller's own rules you risk getting ripped off, bigtime.

Although... I would think ebay wouldn't tolerate that kind of "email me at this address or the bid is cancelled" type of crap anyway... hmm.

yeah i saw a dell 3007 auction that seemed very weird, it only had 1 bid on it at 0.01 with like 15hours left. the description wasnt much and he had at the bottom email be before bidding [email protected]

twoeyes said:
He has good feedback all from shoes ... i think he might be legit though and i wouldnt mind having a 3007 for $300 :eek: :eek: :eek: (he said he'd give me half price until it came to my door)

Dude, don't do it. Especially if it involves bank transfers and whatnot. No one would sell a 3007 for $600, you're just setting yourself up. I'd give someone half price on something that didn't exist too. It's not like he's losing money when he's getting you to pay something for nothing.

This is becoming a popular ebay scam, they want you to email them at such and such address usually because it's a hijacked account, and dont have access to the real email address associated with it, thus emailing them from the ebay website will not get sent to them. Paying by wire pretty much cements any doubt of it being a scam.

If it's too good to be true....

Yeah i'm not going to do it :-P I'm going to keep playing around with him though.

These people at the airport are worse than the terrorists. My company lost 8 laptops last week because of the terrorist threat, where they were forced to check their laptops. Guess, what, they didn't come out the other side. Maybe I should contact this guy and ask him for our stuff back, since the data onboard was worth a hell of a lot more than the lappy. Can't they make the baggage handlers go through a check point at the end of the day? Christ I can't imagine a baggage handler walks INTO work with a laptop, why should they walk OUT with one.

Man you guys ...

Havn't you read anything about those nigerian scamers???

It's obvious this is either one or someone trying to be one ...
I remember reading a article about those guys and they have internet cafes full of them trying to scam people. The guy whom they interviewed said that's his job to scam people from america because they are so guliable<<< quote.

Those nigerian scamers are famous for thier notebook scams; because they cost alot and alot of people look for notebooks etc ...
That airport whatever thing sounds like BS; ie wire money into his account?

btw like I said the nigerian scammers arnt just in nigeria

Back