Ebay Scam? BFG 7800 GTX's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like he's selling you a picture...

"This is a picture of a GeForce 7800 gtx oc brand new never ben open."

Scam. Why? He is selling like 26 of them. Where would he get so many? Free shipping also? Probably he is only selling the picture. Lol..those people that bought it are going to be pissed. "WtF I just spent 450$ on a picture ?"

He says in the auction he has 50 of these... I doubt there's 50 in the country on their way to major retailers.. ;)

He said it was an overstock shipment,.. and thats BS.. there is no overstock of the gtx 512... there is barely any stock to begin with.

54YW4T said:
is this legal?

Is it legal? It is until he actually rips people off...

It's either one of two things...It's either a scam...or someone that doesn't know how to "introduce" themselves on ebay. Introduce meaning...you BUILD up a reputation before offering mass amounts of expensive items like this.

I wouldn't touch this dealer with a 20 foot pole... sad thing is plenty of people are taking the risk...

Oline61 said:
If it really is a scam, and he's selling pictures, it is very illegal.

Right...and who would you complain too? The BBB won't do anything but send him a letter.

eBay will investigate any questionable items. Also, it may be that he is using a fake eBay user to tank a real auction that they are bidding on. No way someone with a 6 feedback and those English skills is selling that many cards. And, the total of the 6 other transactions is less than $100 and now he has $35,000 worth of video cards. Right. Someone who sells that many items will be used to spell checking ads, etc. It is definitely a scam.

Below in the auction it states:

>>

BFG GeForce™ 7800 GTX OC™ 512MB graphics card
>> Quick install manual
>> DVI-I to VGA dongle
>> HDTV dongle
>> VIVO dongle
>> Dual 4-pin to single 6-pin power cable
>> Video editing software
>> Free extras:
> Call of Duty 2 (DVD version)"
BFG Teflon® Slick Pads - These pads fit over existing mouse feet and instantly reduce the friction between a mouse and mouse pad — a must for serious gamers.
> BFG Custom T-shirt - Available only as part of this retail package. BFG "Up All Nite"
GameDrive 9.0 - Play games without the CD!

Driver CD, which includes
>> NVIDIA® ForceWare™ unified graphics drivers
>> Full installation manual .pdf
>> NVIDIA® NVDVD™ 2.0 multimedia software

Customize Your Card!
Go ahead, show off your new BFG! Included in the box are metallic stickers with five different sayings to choose from. Stick 'em anywhere you want, but we designed them to go on the side of the fan so your friends can see it in your system and know you have the baddest BFG on the block.

Included in the box??!?!? I thought it was a picture!?! lol fuck this scam

the category it's listed under:

Computers & Networking > Desktop PC Components > Video Cards for Desktop PC > Nvidia-Based Other Brands

a picture of a video card has no business in that category

The same guy is driving up the cost on most or all of them 808dakine0 (feedback 0)

those scams hype the product and act like its a normal product, but he is a bad scammer.. almost all the other ones who do this, put that disclaimer at the bottom of the page. often goes unread, and thus you think its the normal product.

dont bid. too risky. technically, the scammers state its a picture, so its the stupidity of the bidders who's at fault, but there is probably some technicality law that he is indeed breaking.

It's not illegal unless specificly stated that they are buying video cards and nothing else... i had a freind who did that, and the cops came after him, but the auction clearly listed what he was selling and what he wasn't selling, people were just too dumb to read before bidding, he walked away with about $500

This is why I wish some people would go through with killing themself... Sorry its harsh,, but i'm not gonna hold it in and pretend I'm all happy and stuff about folks like this.. To hell with this scammer and I hope him/her's live sucks total monkey balls as he sits in line to watch reruns of bob sagets funniest home video's in hell...

Oh wait.. To aggressive I guess :D

complete scam.... I sent him a message informing him of my thoughts, and then reported his ass to ebay. Complete BS...........

The very first thing he says...

"This is a picture of a GeForce 7800 gtx oc brand new never ben open. 512 mb. Very fast. I just got an overstock shipment of 50 of these bad boys and they got to go."

HAHA, some people dont read before bidding

Oline61 said:
If it really is a scam, and he's selling pictures, it is very illegal.

ok chief - since when is it illegal to sell pictures?

it may be against the ebay rules but i doubt its illegal. as long as he doesnt say he is selling the card he should be ok. ebay may however over rule his sales. if not im sure paypal would accept claaims.

i think it doesn't matter whether he states he is selling pictures. It is still very Shady. Why not advertise this:
Opteron 165 $250 Buy It now
and then:
box only in some remote corner of the screen so hardly anyone sees it.

Looks like they were all removed... I received some weird message from EBAY about transaction interference.. anyone else get one of those?

wtf are u people talking about? the link goes to an actual GTX card, i dont see anything on selling a picture, please enlighten me!

iGrooCk said:
wtf are u people talking about? the link goes to an actual GTX card, i dont see anything on selling a picture, please enlighten me!

There were like 25 auctions from the same guy trying to scam people by selling them a picture of the card.

Ebay just deleted the scam auctions.

Jee, I agonisingly check and re-check my spelling over cheap items :eek:

I bought my 128mb Radeon 8500 for around $80 on eay a few years back - one of the absolute best deals ever and the cards were only past new at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back