Ebay LG OLED55B6P Flat 55" 4K Smart OLED TV FS

I posted this on slickdeals. I really want it but scared buying off Ebay from an unauthorized dealer. I'm told that you still get a 1 year warranty regardless. Can anyone confirm that? They have a flawless rep too so that eases my trepidation.

I'd be scared buying off of Ebay just because of the return policy. Buyer pays return shipping + 20% restocking fee? Ugghh.

If you ask me, the extra money that you pay in store is worth it because buying any display is a lottery these days, and being able to swap free of charge is a huuuugge benefit.

I'm sure the prices will drop in store in the coming months as they make room for the 2017 models.

I'd be scared buying off of Ebay just because of the return policy. Buyer pays return shipping + 20% restocking fee? Ugghh.

If you ask me, the extra money that you pay in store is worth it because buying any display is a lottery these days, and being able to swap free of charge is a huuuugge benefit.

I'm sure the prices will drop in store in the coming months as they make room for the 2017 models.

I agree but I have no reason to return unless it's damage or defective in which case the return shipping and restocking fee does not apply. I usually pay extra for peace of mind but I'm still on the fence with this deal.

I agree but I have no reason to return unless it's damage or defective in which case the return shipping and restocking fee does not apply. I usually pay extra for peace of mind but I'm still on the fence with this deal.

Yeah but the thing is that uniformity issues aren't really considered a defect. My TV had faint yellow banding that drove me nuts (a lot of OLEDs have this, or some other form of banding, unfortunately).

Yeah but the thing is that uniformity issues aren't really considered a defect. My TV had faint yellow banding that drove me nuts (a lot of OLEDs have this, or some other form of banding, unfortunately).
Ah with the whole panel lottery thing. But couldn't you get that resolved with LG instead of returning it?

Ah with the whole panel lottery thing. But couldn't you get that resolved with LG instead of returning it?

No, because they're most likely not going to consider it a defect either, and it's a pain to have to schedule time for a tech to come to your house. But alas, the average buyer isn't like me. Most people don't put slides up on the screen and look for issues. So the ebay option could still be good. Just not for OCD buyers who must have a perfectly uniform display. :)

Wtf? If you're that picky about what you get, by all means just save up for a premium $10k panel and quit your bitching.

For the rest of us, this is a great deal. Thanks, OP

Reactions: Liver
like this
Easy there, I'm just trying to help.
And I'm not *that* picky. When there's 3 giant yellow bars running down the screen, that even budget $200 LCDs don't have, don't I have the right to bitch?
I'm just trying to warn others. These TVs are prone to banding. Do you really want to risk being stuck with a problem vs. buying it in store where you have an easy (and free) return option?

edit - All that being said, I think the 55's are generally better in terms of uniformity, so I agree, this is a pretty good deal.

Its a great set so I want it to look its best. I think I'm going to purchase it from BB for $2k, use the Citi Price Rewind benefit and get reimbursed $500. I'm told they'll honor Ebay listings as long as they're new and "buy it now".

This is widely considered to be the best TV on the market atm, according to everyone... CNET, Forbes, Digital Trends and on and on... but I think this guy from Rtings.com does the best job of hitting all of the high points and using side by side images.

This is widely considered to be the best TV on the market atm, according to everyone... CNET, Forbes, Digital Trends and on and on... but I think this guy from Rtings.com does the best job of hitting all of the high points and using side by side images.

because we all know how much weight the opinions of CNET, Forbes, and Digital Trends carry in the tech world lol :p

^ The trolling shot worthy of a simpleton.

They're all pretty good when it comes to TVs... because they spend great of time viewing and comparing models side by side. Anyone with two eyeballs and calibration tools can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn i wish i needed a tv

So much this. I could use it as a monitor but 55" is just too large. Currently using a Samsung 48" SUHD and it's a bit larger than what I'd consider ideal, but PQ is fantastic (for an LED) so I've dealt with it.

So I purchased the OLED55B6P from Amazon (Adorama Camera) for $1847 and submitted a price protection request form to Citi Price Rewind for the East Coast TVs ad. Let's see if they credit me the difference.

^ They should. I read the restrictions and it falls within a safe category (non auction).

Keep us posted.

Time to do the same with a PS4 Pro. Anybody know of some low ball websites that sell consoles besides Ebay?

GOT MY REFUND! Sorry for caps but I'm very happy! Citi Price Rewind approved my refund of $478.99 after submitting the ad with screen shots from East Coast TVs.

Thanks for the update. That's a good program... probably won't last in its current form.

Back