Ebay - Gigabyte HD5870 $295 + shipping - $23 BCB

"NEW IN BOX, THESE WERE PURCHASED AT A PUBLIC SIEZEURE AUCTION. NO ORIGINAL RECEIPT PRICED ACCORDINGLY PLEASE INSURE YOUR SYSTEM MEETS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO SUPPORT THIS CARD."

lol
I'm thinking about getting one.

I wonder what auction was that. He had some before and more now? He has a high seller rating though.

He probably got them for around $100 each and is trying to turn a quick profit. Either way, they are new in the box and as far as I know Gigabyte doesn't require a receipt for warranty, they use the serial number.

Bought one a couple of days ago from this guy, shipped today, should be here Monday.

I just bit the bullet and got one, hope it works out. The 23.60 also showed up as pending in my BCB already, pretty much paid for shipping and a bit extra. Now I just need to sell the 5850 I just picked up from newegg.

I just bit the bullet and got one, hope it works out. The 23.60 also showed up as pending in my BCB already, pretty much paid for shipping and a bit extra. Now I just need to sell the 5850 I just picked up from newegg.

Selling it cheap?

lol i bought one, dont need it but hell if i regret buying it, ill just sell it and make my money back. too cheap.

bing cashback was instant for me. :D

Selling it cheap?

Probably sell it for $260 shipped. It's a reference powercolor and has the dirt2 voucher. Hasn't seen my system yet, but will be installing it this weekend to ensure it works before selling it.

Probably sell it for $260 shipped. It's a reference powercolor and has the dirt2 voucher. Hasn't seen my system yet, but will be installing it this weekend to ensure it works before selling it.

uh, so generous of you

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought one!
It won't be used to its full potential with my current setup, but I'm getting a new computer in a couple months.

It'll be weird going to ATI. I've used NVIDIA all of my life.

Same guy selling the same HD 5870. No Buy it Now price, though. Guess he must've realized how high in demand these things are. :p
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gigabyte-Techno...tem&pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item19bcf74160

looks like it sold for $330 and of course no bing cash back since it was not a buy it now, lol.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Package came today. VERY impressed, definitely a new in retail packaging card, box is in pristine condition, not bad for $287.

Bought one last week from this guy, currently waiting for it to come later today :D

Shipped Monday, received it today.

Box seems to have been opened, but everything was in there and the card didn't appear to have been used. Looked brand new.

Very happy with the purchase, especially since it was $280 or so after Bing Cashback.

got mine today. brand spanking new. love it. need 2 more monitors now, bleh.

You guys scored on that. I paid $270 for my reference HD5850.

One thing to note is that Gigabyte goes off the first four digits of the serial for their warranty. So you all should still have a warranty on those cards. Usually for GB it's 3 years parts and 2 years labor (or vice versa, I forgot).

SN is YYWW (Year, Week# - example: 1012 = 12th Week of 2010).

if you guys are having any sort of weird problems like i did, make sure you update the bios on the card. i had a problem with video files crashing my system until i updated the bios.

I actually had some crashing with video files with this guys card. Thanks!

Got mine on Friday. The only thing I do not like is it is not a reference model and they do not make a full cover water block for it. I did find it interesting that the ram chips do not have any sort of heatsinks directly attached to them. They are cooled only by the fans. The VRM's do have a heatsink on them, but agian only cooled by the fans. I am installing a GPU only water block on it, but I am not sure how well the memory will be cooled with just heatsinks on them, guess I will find out. Nice to know about the bios, will have to do an update on it sometime this week. Has anyone tried flashing it with the Asus bios to allow for voltage tweaking and to allow overclocks over 900Mhz?

Back