EBay for 3008WFP?

LanceDiamond

Limp Gawd
I haven't seen the 3008WFP directly from Dell for any less than $1999+shipping+tax (I'm in TX with good old Dell.)

I see a few $1799 3008WFP deals on EBay and one is even in the DFW area and I can just pick it up locally. For $1799. With no shipping or tax. So...how is this not a great deal? Am I making a huge mistake not buying it from Dell? Will I not have support via Dell if it has a problem? I am told by the seller its brand new in the box but has been 'tested' to ensure no dead pixels. Even if it was used, it can't be THAT used as these are brand new monitors right?

I've always shied away from buying something like this via EBay but this is kinda 25% off by the time I figure in tax and shipping so, talk me out of it? Please?? :)

Thanks!

I would not suggest buying from eBay, because you can not return it for another or refund. Call Dell and dicker with them on the price. Several people have reported getting the 3008 for $1650.00 and free shipping. If you search these forums for 3008WFP you will find a thread about a nice gal named Lisa. She is the best person to talk to.

Keep in mind that this is the very beginning of this model, so production problems are a very real possability.

Best of luck

Dave

It is a great deal if you weren't able to get the $1500 deal that was on earlier.
$1799 was the original Dell price until Dell raised it to the current $1999.
If you buy a Dell LCD or any LCD from ebay, be sure to check if it has warranty.
Dell support will not have any issue with it as warranty transfers are pretty easy.
Make sure the person you are buying from on ebay has a lot of quality feedback (big purchase sales).

People have called Dell and talked them down to $1560. Others have used Dell 15% off coupons (search google for them) Try that before going to Ebay

Cool - I will try Lisa tomorrow and see what I can do.

FYI I called Dell and asked about the warranty in the case of buying from EBay and they said if the seller properly transferred ownership to me I should have a warranty but they suggested I just buy it from them. Sounded iffy and since it sounds like I can get around the same price + tax and shipping I think I'll just do that. And use Amex for +1 year on the warranty to boot!

Thanks!

FWIW, they are advertising in Canada (Quebec) flyer for $1299 so use that as a bargaining chip.

Regarding warranties. Someone said it is non-transferrable for LCDs through Dell.

FWIW, they are advertising in Canada (Quebec) flyer for $1299 so use that as a bargaining chip.

Regarding warranties. Someone said it is non-transferrable for LCDs through Dell.

Where's that flyer?

No access to said flyer but someone on another forum I was corresponding with said he seen it which was 2 days ago so don't idle while it's still good. Call and ask.

well id like to see it, regardless.

im not sure I want the monitor until a revision or 2 has passed.

Here's the link to the print flyer in question, on page 9. It was the Canadian Boxing Week flyer.

http://boxingday.redflagdeals.com/index.php/flyers/category/C1/

I'm a Canadian myself and I have been nagging them to honour that price since it went on sale on Dec. 21. No luck so far (at that time, the product wasn't even listed on their website). Hope it helps someone but it's been useless to me so far :\

lol that can't be the flyer in question. the prices in it would have expired at the end of Boxing week.

And since the monitor wasn't available until after then, nobody got it for that price.

It wasn't a Quebec flyer either - as you can see it is printed in full English and no French.

Back