Ebay - 4930k and 4770k for super cheap?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
So I ran across this seller on Ebay that is selling some stuff super cheap.

Not sure if the account was taken over or if it is legit, but anyway, here goes.

4770k for $49.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-3-5-GHz-Quad-Core-BX80646I74770K-Processor-/261386859393?pt=CPUs&hash=item3cdbdef381

4930k for $59.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Details-about-Intel-Core-i7-4930K-Processor-12M-Cache-3-90-GHz-LGA2011-6-CORE-/261386866568?pt=CPUs&hash=item3cdbdf0f88

The seller also has a couple other things.

Figured I might as well try for a few 4930ks. If it turns out to be fake, I will get my money back. If not.. then super cool.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
in before...

" OMG I hope this is real, I bought 3 in case! "

Considering it's from China and the title is "Details about Intel Core i7-4930K Processor 12M Cache 3.90 GHz LGA2011(6-CORE) ", expect an envelope with a spec sheet in it :p

All their feedback was on dog clothes. Now they are selling processors. I wouldn't touch it.

Considering it's from China and the title is "Details about Intel Core i7-4930K Processor 12M Cache 3.90 GHz LGA2011(6-CORE) ", expect an envelope with a spec sheet on it :p

Description says otherwise, this is for those who wants there money tied up for a few days lol.

(UNLOCKED & UNLEASHED BEAST)
You are bidding on a Brand New, Never opened Latest Generation Intel Core i7 4930k 6-Core (or Hexacore) processor. The unit comes without a heatsink or fan, this is how Intel ships their high end processors

Considering it's from China and the title is "Details about Intel Core i7-4930K Processor 12M Cache 3.90 GHz LGA2011(6-CORE) ", expect an envelope with a spec sheet on it :p

Hehe, look at the actual listing though.

Same goes for the 4770k.

Eh 28 days shipping and maybe another week??

Compare it to all their other listings I'm thinking this account got hacked or something... The listings are no where near the same as what they use for the pet stuff.

Last time something like this was posted it was a scam

The last time or the last times?

This isn't the first time nor the last time someone will post these fake deals from hacked eBay accounts.

People copy listing details all the time. But the fact that all of a sudden this seller has hundreds of processors up for sale for way under half of MSRP is super sketchy. Would love to buy 2 just for lulz but I don't need $200 tied up in paypal funds for a month while I get a refund if this is a scam.

Why support this? Sure you got your money back right so it didn't hurt you, but it does hurt someone. It might be hurting paypal, or at the very least you are supporting thieves who will then decide to keep trying to hack more as it is successful. Look at it simply, if paypals system worked no one would bother hacking accounts. Anytime someone does try to hack accounts its because they think they can somehow get around paypals safeguards, which means they have a plan to actually get some money out of this. maybe the long shipping is part of this plan. So why would you want to give the people who cause all these problem and may one day hack your account money? A mod should delete this posts, isn't it against rules to post ebay fire sales anyway?

I'm in for some discounted cpus. If its a scam, I have no remorse for paypal. When they take 10% or so fees for paypal and ebay fees, and support shady buyers and screw over honest sellers then that's their fault. I could go on a paypal rant about them screwing me over, but whats done is done. If I don't get my 20 cpu's and they run off with my money, well that's paypals issue.

These kinds of things seem to usually include roombas in their listings, guess they really are trying to "clean" up something.

1344807921650054.jpg

listings seem to have been disappeared

darn, was hoping to tie my money up for a few months

Uhh... I've seen some good deals turn out to be true in the past. But seriously? Anyone who even thinks they will receive a brand new $600 CPU for $60 is dreaming.

Unless they're ES CPU's... then I suppose it's possible. I wouldn't care if they were ES as long as they worked.

I'm in for some discounted cpus. If its a scam, I have no remorse for paypal. When they take 10% or so fees for paypal and ebay fees, and support shady buyers and screw over honest sellers then that's their fault. I could go on a paypal rant about them screwing me over, but whats done is done. If I don't get my 20 cpu's and they run off with my money, well that's paypals issue.

Brilliant so because you got screwed over by someone through PayPal you think this is all PayPal's fault. When in fact the con artist is exactly like the type of people you plan to give money to right now and give them another chance to pull off another con. It is amazing the logic people have, they blame the wrong person for a problem then go and reward the people who actually caused the problem.

Where's that guy who paid 700+ for a picture of an Xbox One, he'd LOVE this deal!

I don't support scammers but a wise ebay buyer would've asked for actual photos of the item, not to mention the listing clearly stated it was a photo of the console. Not a smart shopper but does remind me of a friend who was scammed in similar fashion (except it was listed as the actual item not a photo) years ago.

I love these threads. It's always entertaining to discover who on the forum "fell off the back of a turnip truck".

Cut-n-paste from the top link. Pay attention to the verbiage I placed in bold.

Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz 5.0GT/s 15MB LGA2011 CPU
Brand New Factory Sealed Sandy Bridge-E 6-Core Desktop
Up for sale is a brand new factory sealed Intel Core i7 Desktop Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X Retail Box without Fan.

You're buying a box.

Cut-n-paste from the top link. Pay attention to the verbiage I placed in bold.

Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz 5.0GT/s 15MB LGA2011 CPU
Brand New Factory Sealed Sandy Bridge-E 6-Core Desktop
Up for sale is a brand new factory sealed Intel Core i7 Desktop Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X Retail Box without Fan.

You're buying a box.

brand new factory sealed Intel Core i7 Desktop Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X

Factory sealed means INTEL has had the box sealed which means it has a valid label which includes the usual Version number, product code, Batch #, ect. Without that sticker the box is not INTEL SEALED. As Intel places the sticker on the box when it's sealed and is to prevent cpu's from being stolen or swapped into other boxes.

"Up for sale is a brand new factory sealed Intel Core i7 Desktop Processor Extreme Edition i7-3970X Retail Box without Fan."

This is an accurate description as Sandy, Ivy E Processors don't come with heatsinks.

Back