Easytune5

AMDXP

2[H]4U
I have Easytune5 that came with my mobo, is it good to oc with and safe?

Not many people are fans of software based hardware overclocking. I guess it has its fans but its hardly popular.

I think the general rule is use it to tinker. You can get a quick feel for your system's capabilities and its more convenient than restarting every 5 minutes to run benchmarks. BUT if you are really interested in overclocking, fine-tune and finalize using the BIOS.

Be aware that if you do something in Easytune that your system doesn't like, it can just up and freeze with no warning or fixing. I don't know if I've ever heard of a case of a software overclock damaging a system, but take the risk as you see fit.

I agree with Rawson. I got that same program and have been using it. It's great to give me an idea of what my cpu can do. But it does have it's limitations also, plus, I've noticed that when I run it to do an oc, the readings that come up don't match what is in my Bios(voltages, multipliers and such). Haven't quite figured out why. It's a good program to kind of learn on and figure out what you can get away with but in the end, I'd just go ahead and make the changes in the bios when you finally get a stable OC.

I dont like using software to oc my cpu. It's capable of being flaky, and you can cause corruption more easily. Plus it's the lazy way to me. Be a man, go into bios and have at it.

I've used it and it seemed to work ok. Some setting changes required me to reboot anyway, so there really was no reason to use it. Also, I like OCing via BIOS because if you change something and your system won't POST, then you know your system can't take it. If had made this change in windows, you probably would have corrupted something badly.

Easy tune would be a lot better if you actually could use some of the controls for voltage and so forth. Then again, my NF3-150 mobo is kinda junky compared to the NF3-250s, so easy tune may have more options with the newer mobos. I can get about 70% of my max BIOS OC through easy tune.

Back