Easy way to convert FLAC to MP3?

Funky_Junk

Limp Gawd
Hi, I need to convert some FLAC files I have into MP3 format, so that I can put them on my ipod. In the past I would have used dbPowerAmp Music Converter. I now find that much to cumbersome and Im wondering if there is some sort of smaller program designed specifically for converting from flac to mp3, or at least smaller than dbPowerAmp Music Converter. Thanks.

Foobar2k is probably the "easiest" since all you need is the LAME mp3 encoder file (lame.exe). Drop that file into the foobar2k directory (or just tell foobar2k where it is).

Load a FLAC or FLACs into foobar2k, highlight all the ones you want to convert, right click on them, choose Convert - LAME - and wham, it goes to work on the conversion.

I have tons of FLAC files burned on DVDs and whenever I need some for my simplistic RCA mp3 player I just put in the DVD, load a few FLACs into foobar2k, right click, convert > mp3, save to the mp3 player, done.

There are other methods, other programs (DBPowerConverter will probably be mentioned), perhaps MediaMonkey, etc - but I firmly believe foobar2k is one of the most useful audio file converters out there.

Good luck...

I agree with the above post, foobar makes converting anything to anything pretty easy, including FLAC to MP3.

man I feel so lucky to have a FLAC player in the Iriver ;)

WIth that said,

the foobar route would probably be the simplest.

Back