Easy Pump Question

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
Can i use a controller like the Lamptron CW611 to control voltage to a D5 VARIO pump? Or do i need the fixed version. i.e. will the Vario function interfere or conflict with the Lamptron control?

thx

mal

Nope, the variable versions of the pump have a knob on them that controls the speed.

You might as well get a mcp35x and run the pump off the cpu fan header and use the bios to control the speed.

Last edited:
thanks for the response.. i'm for sure getting a lamptron cw611 which is rated for pumps, fans, flow meters etc... I'd like to control my pumps with it but I'm curios if i HAVE to buy the fixed D5(s) to use with the CW611 or if I could just put the Vario on 5 and control it with the CW611.

Turn the Vario all the way up, then control voltage with the fan controller. It'll work fine.

Just decouple the D5. It'll run silent even at top throttle. No need for extra hardware or fucking around.

Decouple?

Put something vibration absorbing between the pump and whatever surface it is sitting on. I just used and still use a layer of bubble-wrap that the pump came in. Instant D5 mute for no cost and no hardware.

Back