• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Easy Backup App

mac_cnc

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 14, 2000
Messages
2,560
Aside from using the briefcase option in Windows, how can I sync files from my HD to an external hard drive? I.e. changed files (incremental backup). I did some searching and found nothing.
 
For Christmas, I got my parents a Western Digital My Book Pro. It came bundled with EMC Retrospect Express software. It works great and was very simple to setup.

I use Acronis True Image, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's worked when I needed it to, though it doesn't exactly inspire confidence -- particularly after an upgrade is released.

It's not clear to me if you want to synch files or have an incremental back up. I figure the difference to be that the backup might compress files, or store them in larger files for compression and performance -- that the resulting image might not be directly accessible by another computer, for example. If you want to synch, mabe you need different recommendations.
 
yeah sorry I mean I want a 1:1 copy that syncs to a set of folders on my HD. I will have to look into those apps. Thanks.
 
Back
Top