Nside
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2011
- Messages
- 400
I have slapped together a minecraft server from spare parts running MineOS CRUX (Linux) so my kids and I can have a little online playground...
The problem is, It's currently sitting on a detached motherboard tray with one side bent up to hold the PSU and HDD...
I'm looking to build a cheap yet sturdy case for this thing so I can sit it on a shelf under my desk without it looking absolutely horrible. I was thinking Luaun, but I'm open for suggestions.
I don't want to bend or weld metal, and acrylic seems too expensive. It has to be strong enough to hold the PSU and HDD above the Motherboard. My only external connection is to the board's onboard NIC, and the power to the PSU... no mouse, keyboard, or monitor is needed. there are also no cards in the PCI slots
wide mATX from a Dell Dimension 2400
Standard ATX PSU (400w)
3.5" IDE HDD
FIgured I was going to mount the PSU over the lower part of the IO plate and over all of the PCI slots. The HDD I can just cram in anywhere. probably going to be laid flat like a desktop machine.
Looking for super cheap, super small, super easy, strong enough to hold components, and decent looking (in other words, better than a shoe box or something)...
Creative suggestions would be very much appreciated...
The problem is, It's currently sitting on a detached motherboard tray with one side bent up to hold the PSU and HDD...
I'm looking to build a cheap yet sturdy case for this thing so I can sit it on a shelf under my desk without it looking absolutely horrible. I was thinking Luaun, but I'm open for suggestions.
I don't want to bend or weld metal, and acrylic seems too expensive. It has to be strong enough to hold the PSU and HDD above the Motherboard. My only external connection is to the board's onboard NIC, and the power to the PSU... no mouse, keyboard, or monitor is needed. there are also no cards in the PCI slots
wide mATX from a Dell Dimension 2400
Standard ATX PSU (400w)
3.5" IDE HDD
FIgured I was going to mount the PSU over the lower part of the IO plate and over all of the PCI slots. The HDD I can just cram in anywhere. probably going to be laid flat like a desktop machine.
Looking for super cheap, super small, super easy, strong enough to hold components, and decent looking (in other words, better than a shoe box or something)...
Creative suggestions would be very much appreciated...