- Joined
- Dec 17, 2000
- Messages
- 5,076
I live in a rened house, and the landlord had to have a mandatory electrical inspection carried out, the hosue failed due to a lack of RCD breakers in the main fuse box.
I informed the electrical testing guy that we replaced the old RCD breaker with a non RCD type one a few years back due to the RCD one tripping for no reason, he then tells me that it would have been tripping becuase of the computers as "computers are really bad for leaking current to earth (ground)" <- his words.
when the breaker got replaced the whole house was off and everything was unplugged and we still couldn't get it reset, anyway, long story short, he tells my landlord that the house has failed, and that he is concerned about the amount of PC's running.
so I get an irate phone call and get told that I am paying for any work required to make the house pass its test..
so, do PC's have major earth (ground) leakage problems, I would have thought that they would not have any earth / ground leakage as that would cause the PSU to fail prematurely.
I informed the electrical testing guy that we replaced the old RCD breaker with a non RCD type one a few years back due to the RCD one tripping for no reason, he then tells me that it would have been tripping becuase of the computers as "computers are really bad for leaking current to earth (ground)" <- his words.
when the breaker got replaced the whole house was off and everything was unplugged and we still couldn't get it reset, anyway, long story short, he tells my landlord that the house has failed, and that he is concerned about the amount of PC's running.
so I get an irate phone call and get told that I am paying for any work required to make the house pass its test..
so, do PC's have major earth (ground) leakage problems, I would have thought that they would not have any earth / ground leakage as that would cause the PSU to fail prematurely.