Early Black Friday TV Sales @ BestBuy (Some of it.)

A15G

Supreme [H]ardness
A few TV's listed on the black friday ad over at Best Buy are showing those prices today.

Link

Not sure how good they are but one that stuck out to me was the LG 43" 4K TV for $399. After a short glance at one of the reviews the user claims it being able to do 4:4:4 Chroma 4k @ 60hz.

LG 43" 4K $399.99

I had 2 x $20 gift cards that I bought with the visa check out codes and then a $5 reward as well. After all said and done I was at $390 picked up at store and I am heading there here in a bit.

Typing from that TV right now.

I am blown away at this price tag. This thing looks Gorgeous. I can't stop playing Project Cars @ 4K 60FPS.

I have the Seiki 4K TV and the input lag is still really annoying to me. How is the input lag on the LG?

I bit on the LG Electronics 43UF6430 instead of Samsung UN40J6200. Hope the review on the LG comes out positive next week.

Debating whether or not to pick up this 60" Samsung tomorrow for $800, apparently it goes on sale early for Elite/Plus members.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4563904.p?id=1219768907793&skuId=4563904

I don't buy TVs for over $1000 anymore, been burned too many times with massive price drops the next year. I'd be able to get this for about $500 after all my accumulated Reward Zone certs. Early concerns I read were that it was 60Hz, but it looks like 120Hz and just looks like next year's version of the JU6400.

Debating whether or not to pick up this 60" Samsung tomorrow for $800, apparently it goes on sale early for Elite/Plus members.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4563904.p?id=1219768907793&skuId=4563904

I don't buy TVs for over $1000 anymore, been burned too many times with massive price drops the next year. I'd be able to get this for about $500 after all my accumulated Reward Zone certs. Early concerns I read were that it was 60Hz, but it looks like 120Hz and just looks like next year's version of the JU6400.

Almost all "Motion Rate 120" panels from Samsung are 60hz.

Almost all "Motion Rate 120" panels from Samsung are 60hz.

60Hz input yeah, they don't make actual 120Hz like PC displays do they? Especially not at 4K.

But people were complaining they were just 60Hz refresh, not even the TruMotion 120/240 for faster response which doesn't seem to be the case, they are at least 120Hz with frame doubling/interpolation.

Using it right now and I can't be anymore happy. Colors are amazing and 4K @ 60FPS on a 43" never looked so good running windows 10. I can't stop playing Project Cars.

So far around 3-4 stores around my area has shown out of stock. I would highly recommend this TV for anyone who wants to game using their PC.

Potato Picture from my Galaxy S6.
LG 43" 4K

I'm fighting the urge hard to pull the trigger. I'll stick with my two 1440p displays for now. Maybe next year will be the year to dump them and get another 980ti and a 4k display.

Using it right now and I can't be anymore happy. Colors are amazing and 4K @ 60FPS on a 43" never looked so good running windows 10. I can't stop playing Project Cars.

So far around 3-4 stores around my area has shown out of stock. I would highly recommend this TV for anyone who wants to game using their PC.

LG 43" 4K

that looks very tight in space, must be very uncomfortable...

hows the input lag on the LG? someone on another forum is claiming its 50ms or so.

that would be a no go for gaming.

also, can you confirm it does 120hz@1080?

LG 43" 4K

How does this fare with movies? I actually cancelled my order for this and got the 40 inch Samsung J6200.

that looks very tight in space, must be very uncomfortable...

Tight? Sure. Uncomfortable? Nah.

As far as lag goes I have no idea but where did you get the figure 50ms from?

LG 43" 4K

Yeah that does look pretty nice, I've heard mixed things about LG but I've been happy with the 50" plasma I bought a few years ago, looking at either the BB Samsung 60" 4K or the LG 60" 4K to replace it.

I'm not really looking for my primary gaming display, eventually I would probably mess with GeForce streaming to it at 4K. I guess I haven't been paying that much attentiion to HDTVs recently but apparently there are some displays that will do true 120Hz at 1080p and have 120Hz capable scalers? Does your LG support that? It sounds like the Samsung does not, 60Hz input, 120Hz through interpolation.

Yeah that does look pretty nice, I've heard mixed things about LG but I've been happy with the 50" plasma I bought a few years ago, looking at either the BB Samsung 60" 4K or the LG 60" 4K to replace it.

I'm not really looking for my primary gaming display, eventually I would probably mess with GeForce streaming to it at 4K. I guess I haven't been paying that much attentiion to HDTVs recently but apparently there are some displays that will do true 120Hz at 1080p and have 120Hz capable scalers? Does your LG support that? It sounds like the Samsung does not, 60Hz input, 120Hz through interpolation.

Ill try once I get home today from work and will report back.

I was tempted to purchase the Samsung JU7500 (55" Curved) that will be on sale for $1299.99 But after looking @ the LG OLED's, I decided to hold-off until next year when the prices drop. Still have my trusty Pioneer 720P 50" Plasma that I love still.

Is this the same as the one your looking at from BB just with a different model number for either BB or because its a BF special serial number?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60J...qid=1448299719&sr=8-1&keywords=un60ju6390fxza

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

When I need a new TV, I buy the best $799 TV on Black Friday that I can find, and put it on my interest free BB account.

6 years ago it was the Mitsubishi 60" DLP.

2 years ago it was the 60" Samsung 6300 Plasma.

I doubt I'll need to do it again for at least another 2-4 years. We'll probably be on to the next thing after Ultra 4K at that point, or at least U4K will be mainstream and cheap.

I have the Seiki 4K TV and the input lag is still really annoying to me. How is the input lag on the LG?

I can't stand to use my Seiki 50" TV for anything other then watching shows on. The colors just look horrible for video games compared to my IPS monitors. I also had a major issue with tearing or jitteriness. Had an ATI and Nvidia graphics card with the same problems.

Got the 49" version yesterday. The display output in PC mode and TV mode is very good (to me anyways). No obvious banding issue. No noticeable mouse lag in PC mode. There are multiple confirmations of HDMI Port 1 support for 4K@60Hz (4:4:4 chroma) with HDCP 2.2 using Roku 4.

Here are the settings I've found to yield high contrast for desktop use:

HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color = On
HDMI-PC = On

Picture Mode Settings:
Backlight 92
Contrast 98
Brightness 49
Sharpness 0
Color 60
Advance Controls - Gamma = High1 (this is the most crucial setting)
Picture Options - Black Level = Low

Originally I wanted the 55", but 49" is really pushing it as a monitor, unless you want to move your chair constantly in order to focus on different parts of the desktop. :D

Also note that being an edge-lit LCD, lighting uniformity is harder to maintain the larger the screen.

Decided I'm going to pass on all these BF-only HDTVs, its like Samsung/LG and everyone else crank out these subpar panels just for BF using inferior components and specs. Already seeing some reviews from Slickdeals and people are showing buyer's remorse and general disappointment.

I'll wait til Super Bowl deals on 2015 mid to high end I think.

Is this the same as the one your looking at from BB just with a different model number for either BB or because its a BF special serial number?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60J...qid=1448299719&sr=8-1&keywords=un60ju6390fxza
I think the BB one is even worse, fewer inputs or something, BB BF only model. I decided to pass on it.

When I need a new TV, I buy the best $799 TV on Black Friday that I can find, and put it on my interest free BB account.

6 years ago it was the Mitsubishi 60" DLP.

2 years ago it was the 60" Samsung 6300 Plasma.

I doubt I'll need to do it again for at least another 2-4 years. We'll probably be on to the next thing after Ultra 4K at that point, or at least U4K will be mainstream and cheap.

Yeah, this year's $1600 set is next year's $1000 base model. I don't buy HDTVs anymore for over $1000, they just depreciate too fast lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
LG and Best Buy seem to be teaming up the most.
Pre Black Friday deals going on now.
60 inch 4K LG for $799
and a 65 inch 4K LG for $999

I may bite on both.

60 inch 4K LG for $799

I may bite on both.

From what I've been reading aside from fewer inputs is that these cheapie bf tv's suffer from shitty low hz and moving images don't look smooth line on the more expensive models. Ie they aren't true 120hz panels or even close true or false?

Not sure how good they are but one that stuck out to me was the LG 43" 4K TV for $399. After a short glance at one of the reviews the user claims it being able to do 4:4:4 Chroma 4k @ 60hz.

LG 43" 4K $399.99

I had 2 x $20 gift cards that I bought with the visa check out codes and then a $5 reward as well. After all said and done I was at $390 picked up at store and I am heading there here in a bit.

Boughted, but from Amazon about $3 cheaper because Best Buy is out of stock.

I had originally been looking for a deal on a new 1080p set to replace my aging LG 42LK450, but at this price it looks like it's 4K for me! I wonder if my GTX 970 is up to the challenge?

60 inch 4K LG for $799

I may bite on both.

Just helped a buddy set up this TV.. the 65" lg 65UF6450, utter garbage
terrible backlight bleed, poor black levels, motion looks bad, doesn't seem to accept a 4K input over HDMI? (maybe need to mess around with video card settings, but as of now we could only get it to accept 1080p 60hz)

Very noticeable input lag, but didn't have time to try any kind of gaming
just moving the mouse on the screen was a pain, seriously very bad input lag

I will say some professional GoPro studios 4k videos on youtube, and others on netflix via the built in "webos 2.0" apps looked incredible, but if this thing doesn't accept 4k over HDMI, it's trash

Last edited:
Picked up the Samsung UN65JS8500 for the standard $2k Samsung dropped it to. It shall be beautiful.

doesn't seem to accept a 4K input over HDMI? (maybe need to mess around with video card settings, but as of now we could only get it to accept 1080p 60hz)

What kind of video card? If its AMD, I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Anyone considering the LG 43UF630 or 49UF6430, might want to consider this post which says that it cannot do 4:4:4 chroma

Anyone considering the LG 43UF630 or 49UF6430, might want to consider this post which says that it cannot do 4:4:4 chroma

The website of the review that guy posted uses a 43UF690V for testing, lol.

Is that the one with the dude that bitches about the RGBW panel, posts a link to a random Google drive picture of the chroma text test supposedly from the 43UF6430, and ends with something like 'it's not really 4:4:4 chroma 4K so stop referring to it that way'?

He may very well be right that it uses an RGBW panel because that's what LG seems to be using a lot of these days, but I haven't seen any proof yet. And if it does I won't be too broken up about it since it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. The extra white subpixel complicates things, yes... but it's still perceptibly far better than 4:2:2. Still, you're right, it's definitely something for those considering the purchase to consider.

I'm reconsidering my purchase, but for a different reason. Kohl's has the 49" model for $499.99, but by adding a filler item (to bring it to $500) you get $150 Kohl's cash back. A killer deal if you or your family will be shopping at Kohl's anyway this season - and they do have lots of good deals. :)

As far as jagged or pixlelated text, ive seen none.

Do you have a phone or a digital camera that can take a macro image of the pixels on the screen, and if so could you take one and post it? :)

Do you have a phone or a digital camera that can take a macro image of the pixels on the screen, and if so could you take one and post it? :)

No. But do you watch tv that close? Rofl.

RGBW or RGB, the tv looks great and clear to me. Someone posted this picture stating it was from the TV I listed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-0-uJyaTLBoQThyS3RwbFg5cG8/view

Either the dude has a faulty unit or its not the same tv. Like dude posted above, everyone claims its a rgbw panel but no one has actually confirmed it. Even if it were I wouldnt give a damn in the world, its still well worth it at the price I paid.

Regarding the LG xxUF64yy set, I downloaded the chroma picture, and I could see the color-on-color texts (bottom 2 rows) clearly at 4K@30Hz (still waiting for my GTX 980 to try 60Hz). So, don't shy away just because it may be a RGBW panel. Give it a spin yourself. You could always return it. I bought mine at BB, so I could return it within 45 days if I am not satisfied. So far, for <$500, I am impressed.

The standard factory picture setting is wanting. You have to tweak the setting for best picture (in both PC and TV modes). See my post above for PC mode setting.

Here are my current TV mode settings:

HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color = On

Picture Mode Settings:
Backlight 91
Contrast 91
Brightness 49
Sharpness 7
Color 60
Advance Controls:
-Dynamic Contrast OFF
-Dynamic Color LOW
-Color Gamut WIDE
-Super Resolution OFF
-Gamme MEDIUM
Picture Options:
-Noise Reduction OFF
-MPEG Noise Reduction OFF
Motion Eye Care OFF
TruMotion OFF

Then, go check out "Costa Rica in 4K 60fps" on Youtube. This clip is sponsored by Harmonic. They know what they are doing in this demo clip. (I previously worked in the professional broadcast video encoding industry.)

Enjoy 4K! :)

I am waiting for my local BB to open as it seems they may have the 43UF6430 in stock.
I am not sure how it will workout for my system...I mostly use my current Qnix 27 for photoediting and then some gaming (since I just got the 980 ti). I was looking at getting a 32" IPS or similar (non TN) then decided to wait for Black Friday to look for good deals on Gsync monitors maybe but still thinking in terms of 1440P not 4K.
Seeing this 43" 4K for this price is tempting me though BUT of course, there are several things to consider for me.
First I kind of got used to 96Hz in my Qnix so 60Hz is a bit annoying but I guess I can live with it.
My gaming performance will take a BIG hit with a single 980 ti at 4K I am sure since aside from AA and Motion Blur, I like to max most details.
So maybe I am better off waiting for a 32" 1440p after all but I guess I can always give it a show.
I am in fact about to receive 2 x Dell 24" IPS monitors to place on the sides of my main Qnix 27" *(replacing old 19" 4:3 ones) but getting the 43" will of course mean using only one Monitor.

So...I keep reading about other modes like 1080 @ 120Hz and 1440 @ 75Hz...so is that actually good looking? From previous experience with monitors, anything but native was always kind of lame.
Thanks!

Back