• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Earbuds question

feverlax

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
350
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
first, they're not earbuds, they're iems (in ear monitors)

i've never heard the j-bud, but i can tell you the shure is not bad, especially at that price.
 
first, they're not earbuds, they're iems (in ear monitors)

i've never heard the j-bud, but i can tell you the shure is not bad, especially at that price.

Ahh, sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to computer audio.

I'm definitely leaning towards the shure so that's good to hear.
 
have to agree with bbq, not really sure of the Jbuds, for the price, you could probably buy both and see which you prefer

as a side note, if this is for using at a computer at home or dorm or similar, or for very long periods of time (many hours), I'd probably suggest larger full size headphones purely for wear comfort, of course this is just preferential, but just a thought

-bob
 
I'm just using these for when I'm out and about, I already have a pair of cans for when I'm home.

And this is probably a semi stupid question since I already know how most people feel about skull candy, but I can get a pair of FMKs (in ear, noise canceling) and GIs (cans) for like, 20 bucks. Would they be worth it at 20 bucks total, or do they suck that much?
 
Yuin if you want actual earbuds, and Skullcandy is on the "avoid" list for good reason.
 
I'm just using these for when I'm out and about, I already have a pair of cans for when I'm home.

And this is probably a semi stupid question since I already know how most people feel about skull candy, but I can get a pair of FMKs (in ear, noise canceling) and GIs (cans) for like, 20 bucks. Would they be worth it at 20 bucks total, or do they suck that much?

If by FMK you mean FMJ (full metal jacket) then for $20 you cant get a better ear bud.
 
I can't tell you about the jbuds or the shures, but i recently got a pair of v-moda bass freqs on sale for $20 and they sound damn good for the price. Forget the "bass freq" title. The bass isn't loud at all, let alone overpowering (though it does go deep). It comes in only if you really crank up the volume, and at that point the mids and highs will hurt your ears and after 15 minutes of listening you'l have tinnitus for the next two weeks.

I like them just because they can do some really deep bass, and NEVER distort, no matter what you throw at em. As long as you're not bothered by their aesthetics*, I would definitely recommend them.






*IMHO they're some of the ugliest buds on the face of the earth, and name "bass freq" is pathetically lame. Still, it's not really a big deal for me since I'm mostly concerned with SQ, and I don't demand much for $20.
 
If by FMK you mean FMJ (full metal jacket) then for $20 you cant get a better ear bud.

this


for $20, and knowing its for mobile use, might as well try the SkullCandy stuff, especially if you're hard on stuff

otherwise theres a lot of good suggestions in this thread for more "quality" products (I mean that in terms of sound quality/service quality, not necessarily more durable)
 
Thanks guys.
Unfortunately for me, the skullcandy coupon that made the two sets of phones 20 bucks total just stopped working, so there goes that plan. I think I'm gonna order the JBuds for now, cause the worst that can happen is they suck and I buy different pair since they're only 18 bucks.
 
$14 if you get enough random crap to get the "free" shipping. They're throwaway crap IMO, but they will make sound.
 
<3 my Soundmagic PL30's that can be had for $30. Sound nice, durable, and cheap.

Head-Fi Thread about them.

EDIT: Under $30 if you don't mind waiting for shipping from Asia. I got mine from them and it took a couple weeks to make it all the way here, but they did and you get a free Fiio E3 amp (which I never use now).
 
Back
Top