Earbuds for exercise

arkamw

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,391
I'm needing a pair of earbuds for exercise and occasional other use (normal around the house, flying), but mainly exercise. The JVC FX66 look like a pretty good value but they need to be durable. They also don't need to sound spectacular. Priced, say, under $75.

Any ideas?
 
This is an Amazon link. I have the older ones and they are quite water resistant.

Not the stellar sound but quite capable for being an exercise phone.

1. When I sweat on them, they sound fine.
2. They don't fall out.
3. Don't completely isolate you from the environment, so a lot safer when you are running out and about. Also don't have to remove them at the gym when someone is taking with you.

Overall excellent phones given your requirements and budget.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
JVC Marshamallow - cheap and good. If you break them exercising just buy a new pair. I've seen U.S, people say they got them for as cheap as ten bucks but up here in Canada I have never seen them cheaper than twenty five bucks CAD. Even that price is good value for the dollar though.
 
This is an Amazon link. I have the older ones and they are quite water resistant.

Not the stellar sound but quite capable for being an exercise phone.

1. When I sweat on them, they sound fine.
2. They don't fall out.
3. Don't completely isolate you from the environment, so a lot safer when you are running out and about. Also don't have to remove them at the gym when someone is taking with you.

Overall excellent phones given your requirements and budget.

Same thing i have the 75's the green set. Would love a little more bass in them.

I have tried the zune, ipod, blackberry type headphones, they dont seem to fair well for me when working out.

What would you reccomend?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
JVC Marshamallow - cheap and good. If you break them exercising just buy a new pair. I've seen U.S, people say they got them for as cheap as ten bucks but up here in Canada I have never seen them cheaper than twenty five bucks CAD. Even that price is good value for the dollar though.

I like mine, although the tips they come with are teeny so I had fit issues. You could swap them to get around that if necessary.
 
Lots of good suggestions. I'm kind of liking those MX85's. I like that they're waterproof and built for running / jogging. I'll take a look at a few of the others too. Thanks!
 
I like mine, although the tips they come with are teeny so I had fit issues. You could swap them to get around that if necessary.

I didn't have that issue and I have larger than average ears. Your ears must be huge! :p
 
Only a little...

elephantearfront.jpg


But seriously, the tips don't stick out hardly at all, and you have to be careful not to scrape yourself with the plastic housing. Aftermarket tips would be a cheap & easy solution.
 
Lots of good suggestions. I'm kind of liking those MX85's. I like that they're waterproof and built for running / jogging. I'll take a look at a few of the others too. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards those MX85s myself. :D

-S
 
JVC Marshamallow - cheap and good. If you break them exercising just buy a new pair. I've seen U.S, people say they got them for as cheap as ten bucks but up here in Canada I have never seen them cheaper than twenty five bucks CAD. Even that price is good value for the dollar though.
yea these are a good option, FactoryDirect is your friend. I got mine for $10 CAD
 
Back
Top