• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Earbuds for a weird ear'd

kaluminati

Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
579
I've been searching for a great pair of ear buds for me that can actually stay IN my ear. I've got a couple ear canal ones, and they don't seem to stay in at all, my ear canals are a bit screwy. As of right now the best ones I've found are the ipod ones :p

Are there any variations of the ear canal buds that could possibly fit my ear better? And sound decent (under $100). Been lookin for a while.
 
It would help if you told us what the couple of ear canal phones you got now are. ;)
 
This may be a little off topic, but how many of your ear buds/ IEMS get ear wax on them? I particularly avoid anything that goes in my ear because other people like to game on my computer and I'm sometimes lazy to setup my 7.1 sound just for them. Don't get me wrong, I would love to buy shure E4s and use them for 2 years without cleaning my ears in that duration of time. After that, I would give them to someone I hate for Christmas. Of course, I would give it after i plunged them 3 inches into my anus(similar to what I did with the 32" TV I gave a while back).

I tend to have somewhat "decent" hygiene and I was just wondering if ear wax is a prevalent problem for owners of buds/ IEMS.
 
kaluminati said:
Yeah those look nice, but the canal style is the exact same as these sony's I have. They'll slip out constantly as well.


Yea, I came to the same realization a little to late and I choose not to edit the post.

think these would help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

There are some pretty wild "hybrids" listed on Ebay with similar tips

Here is an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Etymotic-Skullc...8QQihZ020QQcategoryZ73841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem




To bad there is so much talk of the following cans being fake cause if there was no such question I would recommend them in a second.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIO-TECHNICA-...8QQihZ019QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mister X said:
Yea, I came to the same realization a little to late and I choose not to edit the post.

think these would help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

There are some pretty wild "hybrids" listed on Ebay with similar tips

Here is an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Etymotic-Skullc...8QQihZ020QQcategoryZ73841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem




To bad there is so much talk of the following cans being fake cause if there was no such question I would recommend them in a second.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIO-TECHNICA-...8QQihZ019QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


Wow, I never thought of ordering new tips alone. Thanks.

Those skull hybrids look interesting, but any idea on what model of cans he used to make them? I'm not seeing any model number other than Skullcandy Etymotic Hybrids

Nvm, I just realized that Skullcandy is the type of can. From what I read, the original "smokin buds" aren't so hot in terms of sound quality, but I didn't expect a $15 pair of buds to be of great quality.

Maybe I'll just get those tips alone =)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top