• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Earbud headphones

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
What is a good pair of earbud headphones, the ones that go into the ear. I am not wanting the best, just something in the 30-60 price range. Going to greece soon, and I do not want to carry my full size Sennheiser or Grado headphones with me.
 
In terms of that price range, I've been very pleased with these. Some people will knock them as being "too bassy," but I think this is vastly over-exaggerated and in terms of this price range, I have yet to find any other buds I enjoy more. They're fairly rugged in all respects except for where the cord attaches to the left and right drivers (try to avoid tugging this part very hard, some have reported failures as a result though I've never had a problem with mine in the 2 years I've owned them).

If you plan on doing a lot of traveling, it doesn't get any better than these in terms of earbud quality. If you pick up an amp and an adapter, these can be converted to the ER-4S version and will sound even better. The price on that page is quite a bit higher than most stores, and you should be able to find them for considerably less if you do some research. The official Ety P to S adapter is also somewhat expensive compared to home-made (and often better quality) alternatives which do the same thing. When inserted properly, these buds will provide clean, crisp highs and solid/balanced lows (IE, they won't shake your bowels loose as will some other buds' bass, but they sound a lot cleaner/better as a result IMO). A lot of people will push Shure all the way, and they make great buds no doubt, but in terms of clarity and quality, the Etys get my vote.

(In either case, I would recommend looking around for lower prices than the ones shown here -- the site was used as a reference).
 
Back
Top