I have been a long time fan of EAC, but it is toast with LG blu Ray drives. My rip speed is:
secure: 0.7x
Burst: 1.4x
I found a thread indicated this is a common problem.
So I am looking for an alternative that has decent ripping speed on LG BR drives and also allows Lame compressor and perhaps accurate rip verification.
Edit:
I went with CDex because it uses Lame (and you can setup an external encoder, but this didn't work for me).
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
Rips super fast on my drive now. I was ripping the full CD in under 3 minutes, it was going to take 30 mins with EAC. Not only that but I had an album with a scratch that EAC would always choke on (back when I had a different drive that actually worked at decent speed) and CDex just ripped it full speed and no glitches in playback.
This will do until EAC fixes it's glitch with LG BR drives.
secure: 0.7x
Burst: 1.4x
I found a thread indicated this is a common problem.
So I am looking for an alternative that has decent ripping speed on LG BR drives and also allows Lame compressor and perhaps accurate rip verification.
Edit:
I went with CDex because it uses Lame (and you can setup an external encoder, but this didn't work for me).
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
Rips super fast on my drive now. I was ripping the full CD in under 3 minutes, it was going to take 30 mins with EAC. Not only that but I had an album with a scratch that EAC would always choke on (back when I had a different drive that actually worked at decent speed) and CDex just ripped it full speed and no glitches in playback.
This will do until EAC fixes it's glitch with LG BR drives.
Last edited: