• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EAC and LAME trouble

homIcIde

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
395
For some reason i cannot get lame to compress files after i extract them using eac. the wav extraction goes fine and then i see the lame window pop up for a split second and then disappear (its almost just a flash). No matter what i try i cant get it to compress. I know i have eac pointed to the lame.exe and all that. Im using ive tried lame 3.96, 3.95, and 3.90 and am using eac 0.95 prebeta5
 
I've had that same thing happen on a couple new installs. I was out of ideas so I double clicked on the lame.exe. It comes up and goes away real quick. Then I tried EAC again and what do you know, it worked. I've had to do this on 3 different computers and I couldn't tell you how or why, but double clicking the lame.exe fixed it.

Good luck.
 
I tried the double clicking thing - no go there.

Ive tried 4 different versions of LAME, 3 of which im positive are stable versions, and none have worked. However it seems like LAME works when i use it to compress with dbpoweramp. Could it be something wrong with EAC?
 
eac.JPG
 
You're command line is wrong. The --alt was removed after 3.92 I think.

Also, you're missing the %s and %d

It should look something like this (if you're using the "User Defined Encoder" setting) for versions after 3.92.

--preset extreme %s %d

for 3.92 or earlier...

--alt-preset extreme %s %d
 
Back
Top