EA Will Skip the E3 2019 Press Conference

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Following in Sony's footsteps, EA just announced that they're skipping the press conference at E3 this year. In its place, they'll have multiple livestreams from game developers at their EA Play event the weekend before E3 starts ups. EA claims this is what their player base wants, and reiterated that the EA Play event will be free to attend while offering hands-on experiences with some of EA's upcoming releases.

It all starts this year on Friday night, June 7, 2019, with an all-new EA PLAY kickoff event. We're skipping the press conference this year and are replacing it with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event, bringing you more of what you've told us you want - more gameplay and insights from the teams making the games. Weekends are meant for play, and this year we've moved the EA PLAY fanfest to Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 where players will get hands-on with our games. We'll also have content creators streaming live from our Creator's Cave in the Hollywood Palladium providing gameplay content to our players viewing online. EA.com will be the home for all online EA PLAY content. Players can get behind-the-scenes with our games via exclusive gameplay reveals, developer talks and breaking news.

I think they might be right on that. But also, it is a ton cheaper for them as well.

Honestly I am over E3. The amount of crap shown there that never makes it into games anymore is just sickening. We aren't even talking things like a redone texture or whatever. And shouldn't (in my narrow view) a game look better at release than when it is partially done and shown at e3? I really want the "man if it looks that good now imagine when it comes out!" attitude instead of 'wonder what we will actually get...".

I think it's the right call. E3 is getting less popular each year. Besides that, I'm tired of seeing this awesome looking game pop-up, then being told it'll be here in 5 years. In 5 years, I promise I will have forgotten your game, and most likely, the hype for your game has died,

I'm a much bigger fan of the Nintendo Direct style announcements.

They don't cost millions in marketing, they're short and to the point, and, at least in Nintendo's case, they only announce things that are coming within the next year.

E3 needs to die, it was great in the beginning but now it's just a cesspool of "gaming journalists" that think they know better and a bunch of prerendered garbage to entice us into buying shit games.

"We're skipping the press conference this year and are replacing it with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event, bringing you more of what you've told us you want"

Yes their customers dont want to hear about a yearly update to a 15 year old game, they want to SEE it. "Everybody now knows our employees are just going to spout marketing bullshit so instead we'll get paid influencers to spout marketing bullshit at you."

Yes, right, they're doing this because "it's what their player base wants", as in... everyone's so displeased with EA that they don't want them at E3... lol
At least this way we'll not be lied to by a live person on stage when the game turns out different, as Darunion pointed out :shame:

EDIT: Goddammit Tak Ne you beat me to the punch!! :cry: haha

I think they might be right on that. But also, it is a ton cheaper for them as well.

Honestly I am over E3. The amount of crap shown there that never makes it into games anymore is just sickening. We aren't even talking things like a redone texture or whatever. And shouldn't (in my narrow view) a game look better at release than when it is partially done and shown at e3? I really want the "man if it looks that good now imagine when it comes out!" attitude instead of 'wonder what we will actually get...".

The reason games generally looks worse then early demos is because as the game gets built up, it slows down. This in turn forces tradeoffs, and it's generally easier to shave a little off graphics then it is to shave off features.

And good riddance. Screw EA and their live-service monstrosities.

I wouldn't shed a tear if EA fell into bankruptcy and sold off it's IPs and studios.

There is a news agency out there with two technical reporters. They have to choose between EA or E3. Rock Paper Scissors and BAM! The loser is going to hang out with EA!

They have nothing to show.

At this point, they just have FIFA. Respawn should take all the praise for Apex.

... and reiterated that the EA Play event will be free to attend while offering hands-on experiences with some of EA's upcoming releases.

Seriously, after playing Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem is anyone really waiting to get "hands-on experiences" with upcoming EA games?

Back