Simpson5774
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2005
- Messages
- 2,937
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/24/take-two-rejects-ea-acquisition-proposal/
Well, EA is trying to buy take-two for 2 billion dollars, they said no. The article says the main reason why EA wants take-two is GTA 4. EA no doubt is going to keep trying until it gets its whale.
This is very very bad for gaming in my eyes. We have the GTA series, which except for maybe Gran turismo is arguably the best running series of games, for both quality and level of detail, GTA3, VC and SA which only got better with each GTA (scratch the spinoffs). I mean if EA takes over, I Think it will run the series into the ground with multiple rehashes (like we saw with the spinoffs) to keep milking money out of it, and the quality of product will tank.
I am only talking about one game, think of all the damage EA can do to the rest of take-two's lineup.
Well, EA is trying to buy take-two for 2 billion dollars, they said no. The article says the main reason why EA wants take-two is GTA 4. EA no doubt is going to keep trying until it gets its whale.
This is very very bad for gaming in my eyes. We have the GTA series, which except for maybe Gran turismo is arguably the best running series of games, for both quality and level of detail, GTA3, VC and SA which only got better with each GTA (scratch the spinoffs). I mean if EA takes over, I Think it will run the series into the ground with multiple rehashes (like we saw with the spinoffs) to keep milking money out of it, and the quality of product will tank.
I am only talking about one game, think of all the damage EA can do to the rest of take-two's lineup.