EA to Release Battlefield: Hardline on October 21, Unveils Trailer

Let's see here.

Skipped BF3, skipped BF4 and yep, going to skip BF:H as well.

It's one of those situations where you just have to shake your head and let it be. For whatever reason, some people think because they can play it, it wasn't flawed.

I had major major issues with BF4 at launch, many people said "it's your overclock because this games graphics push it so much!" - When it actuality, it was caused by bugs in DICE's DirectX which caused the cards to crash. Reversing your overclock did solve it for many, not because their overclock wasn't stable (quite the contrary), but because DICE messed up their code so much. I was able to play SP by reverting to stock clocks, but when I launched MP I got horrible stuttering. If you watched the card on a side monitor, you'd notice it was constantly switching between a lower power clock and a high power clock (causing stutter). They patched that about a month after release.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Steam does NO refunds. There are only a handful of cases where anyone got a refund and that is when they pull the actual game off of the steam store. Ask all the people who couldn't/can't play ghosts, none of them got a refund. Before you spout bullshit at least make sure it's correct.

/rant

Not sure who is spouting BS here. I got a full refund a couple of years ago. Actually a surprisingly easy process.

This EA thing does not look attractive.

They're different games by different studios, under the same branding, not the next version. Bf4 had small launch issues and has been worked on continuously since, improving a lot. I have more than gotten my money's worth from bf4 and premium for $85 total with 130+ hours played and a lot of fun doing so. I bought it as a preorder deal.

Thank you for attempting at using a logical mindset. You don't get that here in these forums much anymore. I would have to say the launch issues were a bigger issue than you stated but I , personally, suffered none of those issues. I played it on Day 1, then waited a month or two while stuff got less crazy. OMG! Yes, thread! I had to wait! Wasn't that bad though. GTAV took up all my gaming time anyway.

But I, like you, feel that I got my money's worth ($48) too. This game I'll wait on a bit to see but it shows some promise. I also watched that leaked 7 minute trailer that went into detail about the game types and weapons. Personally I see this as DICE stepping up where Valve should have. But you know Valve and sequels... This seems to me like DICE's version of CS.

The funniest thing to me is the people who witnessed the issues were still the minority compared to all the people enjoying the game. They refuse to see past their own anger and understand the bigger picture. And from the looks of this thread, most people didn't even buy the game and just heard about the issues from some third party's perfectly reliable account(/sarcasm) of what happened.

You have absolutely NO idea of what you are talking about.

EA/Origin have a perfectly clear and written Return policy (http://help.ea.com/en/article/returns-and-cancellations/)
I've personally used this to return a game, and it works.

Steam on the other hand, has NO clear/written Return policy. In fact, you will never get a refund unless there is a HUGE community backlash, and even then, it still takes a ridiculously long time to process (see The WarZ debacle).

Fact of the matter is, Origin is actually more customer oriented with a live chat and a clear Refund policy than Steam is (ever tried emailing Steam support? or how your Steam account does not equate to an account in their actual "support" forum?).

If you do not use Origin for personal/useless client/malware reasons - whatever, but please don't go spreading drivel that is just blatantly wrong.
Personally, I think Origin is a decent client, where I have had much better (and timely) experiences using the support channels than with Steam.

And this changed when?
After the Sim City debacle where Amazon checked their asses and MADE THEM refund.
Policy may have changed after that, and according to you, it did.
EA makes a living screwing over their customers and employees. Their games "good releases" are where 50% of the people can run without crashing.

Where's Battlefront 3?

I could swear the mew cycle is Battlefeild, then Titanfall, then Star Wars Battlefront.

Maybe they thought the reason people didn't buy Medal of Honor Warfighter was because it wasn't named Battlefield.

so another opportunity to play a game with an inadequate update frequency that results in constantly being shot while behind walls and around corners. umm.. no thanks.

Yep one more vote for Bad Company. Way better than Broterfield Hardbro's

I wouldn't go as far as saying BF:BC2 was the best, but it was the last one I enjoyed. (and didn't require DLC because the next server map was one I didn't have. :rolleyes: )

Back