EA Store sale, Mass Effect 2 $9.97, Mass Effect 1 $9.97

Good prices. Paid 20 for Mass Effect 2 about a month ago on Amazon; ~25 hours into it, I would say it was well worth 20. 10 bucks is sweet.

is that PC or console (I cant get to the link from work)...I have both on 360 but would love to have it on PC (especially if it can be activated through steam)...

EA uses the DigitalRiver service, right? I'll think about it...

Yep.

I'm sure it's fine. I just prefer everything to be in one system [Steam].

Why limit yourself that way? You're missing out on great deals and great games. Seems completely and utterly pointless to me. Its also not great for competition if you just support one service.

Why limit yourself that way? You're missing out on great deals and great games. Seems completely and utterly pointless to me. Its also not great for competition if you just support one service.

Yeah, but once you own 350 games on Steam, 50 games on D2D, etc etc, it gets difficult to keep track of what you already own, and where.

I started keeping track of every game I own on a spreadsheet once I realized I owned upwards of a dozen games on at least two formats, and some on three formats, and even one on four formats. (For example, somehow I own Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Frontlines: Fuel of War and Thief: Deadly Shadows on D2D, DVD and Steam. The reason I had trouble keeping track of this fact is that I still haven't played any of the three.)

Besides, the game's been out nine months now, so he's obviously not in a hurry to play it. It could be $5 on Steam here by the end of the year for one of their holiday sales.

hurry up steam! besides the fact that I dont want to keep track of my games elsewhere, I also dont want to patch my own games anymore. I also don't want to use ea's shitty download manager or search all over the damn place to find my key if I need to start over or redo it. Also ea will only allow you to DL for up to a year if I remember correctly.

Yeah, but once you own 350 games on Steam, 50 games on D2D, etc etc, it gets difficult to keep track of what you already own, and where.

I started keeping track of every game I own on a spreadsheet once I realized I owned upwards of a dozen games on at least two formats, and some on three formats, and even one on four formats. (For example, somehow I own Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Frontlines: Fuel of War and Thief: Deadly Shadows on D2D, DVD and Steam. The reason I had trouble keeping track of this fact is that I still haven't played any of the three.)

Besides, the game's been out nine months now, so he's obviously not in a hurry to play it. It could be $5 on Steam here by the end of the year for one of their holiday sales.

I own over 100 games on Steam, probably close to a dozen on D2D, close or over two dozen on GOG, 5 on Impluse, 10 or so on EADM and a lot of physical titles. There is some overlap like ME2 and DAO being bought through impulse, but registered on EA still I'm usually able to keep track of what I do and don't own.

Now movies on the other hand...

I own over 100 games on Steam, probably close to a dozen on D2D, close or over two dozen on GOG, 5 on Impluse, 10 or so on EADM and a lot of physical titles. There is some overlap like ME2 and DAO being bought through impulse, but registered on EA still I'm usually able to keep track of what I do and don't own.

That just seems unnecessary to me. Why have such a large spread? Competition is all well and good, but we're not really dealing with physical media here. That would be different.

I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy a title someplace else, and register it with Steam. I don't know all the ins and outs of licensing and all that mumbo-jumbo. But if Steam sells the game as well, there should be no reason for it to reject my key.

I'm usually able to keep track of what I do and don't own.

I own over 600 games (realized this once I put my spreadsheet together, with a backlog of over 500, and a never even installed of over 450). So, yeah, when you don't game, you aren't aware of what you own.

Not to threadjack, but between Netflix, Hulu, IMDB, etc etc other sources, I haven't bought a movie on physical format in probably over five years. I still do own 50-100 DVDs (boxed-up somewhere), but no idea as to what exactly I do own.

I should CL a lot of this stuff, for no other reason than to get it out of my storage space. I guess I'll have to just trash my VHS library.

Some don't like digital distribution, but I'm tired of having to store this stuff somewhere when I'm not using it (which is either never at all, or within a week after buying it).

I hope someday Netflix works just like Gametap: you download the entire original to use it, so there's no loss of quality from trying to stream a blu-ray. That way we can get the loss of quality argument out of the equation.

At least EA isn't like Nzone, where you only get access to your game for 30 days. (Didn't EA used to be only one year of access, though?)

EA is steams publisher for retail.. I'm surprised there isn't a deal for EA games to work on steam. w/o buying it from steam.. oh well. Good deal for ME2.

That just seems unnecessary to me. Why have such a large spread? Competition is all well and good, but we're not really dealing with physical media here. That would be different.

I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy a title someplace else, and register it with Steam. I don't know all the ins and outs of licensing and all that mumbo-jumbo. But if Steam sells the game as well, there should be no reason for it to reject my key.

Why should I miss out on a good deal no matter where it is?

I think there should be a big Dead Space VS Mass Effect 2 debate right now, if you had to choose ONE for $10 :D

Simple solution for you jagasses complaining about thier service.

Stop buying games you don't have time to play. Having over 100 games that you've never played is asinine. Stop wasting money.

In the great words of Tyler Durden, "You are not the car you drive, you are not the size of your bank account, and you are certainly not the games you own"

ok, how do I get my ME1 saves on to ME2?

Gotta have both games installed, and if your save games from ME1 are in the default folder (somewhere in my documents) then when you install ME2 and start a new game, it should give you the option to use one after finding it.

Thought digital river limits the download to a year. Making sure everything is backed up and installable is a bit of a pain. Unless it is a major savings, I'll skip the GFWL, EA, or other me too download services.

Thought digital river limits the download to a year. Making sure everything is backed up and installable is a bit of a pain. Unless it is a major savings, I'll skip the GFWL, EA, or other me too download services.

I've had games on my EA account for over a year that I can still download.

Gotta have both games installed, and if your save games from ME1 are in the default folder (somewhere in my documents) then when you install ME2 and start a new game, it should give you the option to use one after finding it.

No, you don't need both games installed. You just need to have a completed save file from ME1. There is an option on the configuration program (can't remember exactly what the option is called, but its on the bottom) where you can tell ME2 where the save file is at.

I've had games on my EA account for over a year that I can still download.

That was first thought when I saw this thread, but yeah, I can't find anything in writing anywhere that suggests you only have access to your game for a year, or even a limited time.

That was first thought when I saw this thread, but yeah, I can't find anything in writing anywhere that suggests you only have access to your game for a year, or even a limited time.

It used to be a year free or up to five if you paid extra, but EA got rid of that. They must have worked out some deal with Digital River to have them keep files on hand longer or they're paying DR to keep the files longer and not passing the cost on to customers.

It used to be a year free or up to five if you paid extra, but EA got rid of that. They must have worked out some deal with Digital River to have them keep files on hand longer or they're paying DR to keep the files longer and not passing the cost on to customers.

Good. Unfortunately Nzone is still only 30 days, or one year if you pay extra. Even the max of a year is too short IMO.

Good. Unfortunately Nzone is still only 30 days, or one year if you pay extra. Even the max of a year is too short IMO.

30 days? Yikes. Note to self: Never buy anything from Nzone.

A year should be the absolute minimum. Three years minimum (see: OnLive) is even better.

Idk. Slightly old to moderately old bigger titles seem too ripe for a Black Friday / Christmas sales. Especially Steam. If $10 makes you hesitant or you've got a backlog, I don't know why anyone would bite at these.

someone mention about digitalriver, no they dont use it..

they use their own EA Downloader thing, which is much better and no issue at all..

there is no limitation or anything, been using it for awhile ....

someone mention about digitalriver, no they dont use it..

they use their own EA Downloader thing, which is much better and no issue at all..

there is no limitation or anything, been using it for awhile ....

Yes they do use Digital River. Says so quite clearly on the order page.

"E-commerce hosting and data processing services are provided by Digital River Inc.."

Just because they have their own downloader interface doesn't mean they don't use Digital River to host everything. The EA Downloader is nothing more than a front end to access your files stored on Digital River's servers. EA has always had that downloader. Its been there since they started offering digital downloads. EA has also always used Digital River.

Hell Digital River shows EA's store right on their front page: http://corporate.digitalriver.com/s...=XQClbQoBAlYAAAW4JCIAAAAI&rests=1288558325683

Yes they do use Digital River. Says so quite clearly on the order page.

"E-commerce hosting and data processing services are provided by Digital River Inc.."

Just because they have their own downloader interface doesn't mean they don't use Digital River to host everything. The EA Downloader is nothing more than a front end to access your files stored on Digital River's servers. EA has always had that downloader. Its been there since they started offering digital downloads. EA has also always used Digital River.

Hell Digital River shows EA's store right on their front page: http://corporate.digitalriver.com/s...=XQClbQoBAlYAAAW4JCIAAAAI&rests=1288558325683

I been downloading games over a year and still download-able through it, I highly doubt they have any limitation through this EA Downloader, since I kept downloading over and over again.

I even register couple game that I bought over retail, download definitely over 10 times with ME2 and DA:O, no issue so far...

Back