EA livechat

Rustic

Limp Gawd
I had a post in the BF3 thread but i think it got lost. Recently i had some viruses get removed because i couldnt turn my firewall on and what not. Not sure if its related to this.

But all is well now except BF3 hangs at the 'joining server' in the browser. I have disabled both my firewall and antivirus to try and play but same results.
Did a live chat with EA and they told me i need to contact my IP and tell them to open up these ports.

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

I really dont understand it so thats why i am posting this. The live chat tech says i need to call them and tell them to open these ports.

Then i asked if i did a uninstall/reinstall would that work. Answer was yes but i should do it thru this site/software.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

what should i do?

Are you using Avast Antivirus? I've read that it has given people some issues with the Battlelog and joining games. I use Avast and haven't had that problem, however. That's a shitload of ports to be opened, and I haven't had to open any ports at all.

i am using free avg right now but i was using mcafee. we get that free with cox communications. i thought it was the mcafee screwing up so i removed it and installed avg. i will go back to mcafee i guess.

i am using free avg right now but i was using mcafee. we get that free with cox communications. i thought it was the mcafee screwing up so i removed it and installed avg. i will go back to mcafee i guess.

McAfee is only mildly less shit than Norton. Avoid like the plague.

ok so did a reinstall. it worked for like 1 game. then back to hanging. looks like the bf3.exe file is not showing in task manager.

I'm having the same problem - either BF3 hangs up at launch, battlelog hangs at "logging in", or origin pops up asking for my account info and freezes/crashes/fails to launch afterwards. Not sure what's going on as nothing about my system has changed (and I'm using MSE). Been having this problem for the past 3 days now. One thing I notice is that origin is taking FOREVER to launch - a good 45 seconds to 2 minutes before it pops up. Then it takes another minute or more once I click the battlefield icon for it to launch the browser. It just started doing this.

live chat had me delete contents of windows temp folder. then lauunched bf3 thru origin and it seemed to work.

I have spent over 10 hours talking to the "live team" they are total morons, and idiots. they also have very poor english, you have to keep telling them the same things over and over.

I have the same issue, the only think I came accross that has not already been mentioned is that some people have said the game will launch MUCH! faster with 8 gig ram over 4 gig. even if BF3 ultimatly ends up useing only 1 gig or so.

Back