• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Ea games DONE IT AGAIN :)

Skaterpunk said:
ea games suck except for c&c :) *edit* valve sucks too *edit*
Everything sucks, nothing is good. I'm so good at developing games, so i'm going to go around and bash everyone else. :rolleyes:
 
I had so many problems with bf2 when it first came out, it was amazingly ridiculous, after about 15 minutes of gameplay everything would freezeup, sound would loop and 5 minutes later I would get a BSOD and a reboot I had a 3500+ venice with about the same specs in my sig, no other game did this to me, I got a 6800GT and the problem went away (I still to this day say my 6800 vanilla had nothing wrong with it) I upgraded my computer slightly (specs in sig) and even with all extra processes disabled after the game loads and I click join game the sound loops for about 30 seconds then says "you have been disconnected from the server 'timeout'" when I reconnect everything is 3x as fast with no sound loops however, but look at my system, that SHOULD NOT be happening, I do however run almost everything high :rolleyes:
 
KompressorV12 said:
I had so many problems with bf2 when it first came out, it was amazingly ridiculous, after about 15 minutes of gameplay everything would freezeup, sound would loop and 5 minutes later I would get a BSOD and a reboot I had a 3500+ venice with about the same specs in my sig, no other game did this to me, I got a 6800GT and the problem went away (I still to this day say my 6800 vanilla had nothing wrong with it) I upgraded my computer slightly (specs in sig) and even with all extra processes disabled after the game loads and I click join game the sound loops for about 30 seconds then says "you have been disconnected from the server 'timeout'" when I reconnect everything is 3x as fast with no sound loops however, but look at my system, that SHOULD NOT be happening, I do however run almost everything high :rolleyes:

What res/settings you runnin' at? Seems your 1gb RAM ain't cuttin' it.
 
Hupo said:
Well valve and there CSS updates are kind of crappy. Im glad that my favorites are back, but others still have problems with that.

yep, at least cs:s has never been unstable on me though, although my favorites menu I think is still broken, not sure cause never use anymore.
 
I run BF2 on the rig in my sig. All settings on medium (which for now is ok with me) and I'm running it on a Dell 2007WFP. I use the shortcut fix to run at 1680x1050 and even though I only have 1GB of RAM it runs pretty good for me. Unless I'm having a problem with my internet connection I don't usually have much lag at all. That is except for a few seconds right at the beginning of every round for some reason.

Yeah, 2GB o RAM would be awesome but 1GB suffices for now.
 
Next time you play any game, check out how much Ram is being used in the background. I was shocked to see that I had about 256mbs of ram doing nothing for my game, they were off playing in the background. That makes 1 gig of ram only 768mbs, and since BF2 eats ram like mike tyson eats babies, the needed 1152mbs of ram the game will use, just isnt there.

You really need 2 gigs to enjoy BF2.
 
Back
Top