• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EA games are trash, never again.

Most people here that are "whining" are the same people that have been complaining about this game only being on Origin.

So if something really small goes wrong in the game, they get all raged and it just spirals out of control for them. They blame everything.

What is even more funny, is that the same people here that say that we are an "EA defense force"....are the same people that if you tell them "OMG Steam is stupid" will just BLOW UP at the notion that someone doesn't like Steam...lol because Steam NEVER has any problems..

If you say "OMG I don't want to install Steam bloatware...I just want to play the game"

They will say "Well you have to install steam, if you don't want to then GTFO. Steam is the best thing EVAR!!!"

lol...
 
Most people here that are "whining" are the same people that have been complaining about this game only being on Origin.

So if something really small goes wrong in the game, they get all raged and it just spirals out of control for them. They blame everything.

What is even more funny, is that the same people here that say that we are an "EA defense force"....are the same people that if you tell them "OMG Steam is stupid" will just BLOW UP at the notion that someone doesn't like Steam...lol because Steam NEVER has any problems..

If you say "OMG I don't want to install Steam bloatware...I just want to play the game"

They will say "Well you have to install steam, if you don't want to then GTFO. Steam is the best thing EVAR!!!"

lol...

pirate_story.JPG
 
Huh I like alot of EA games.

Mass effect 1,2 (and 3!!)
Star Wars the Old republic
BF3.
Dead space 1 and 2.
Dragon age 1 and 2.

Also like that new game kingdom of Alamur. Quite shocked how fun the game is.
 
Keep in mind this is only during multiplayer. The game works prefectly fine in campaign and co-op.

Pick a server and start to play
Kill some people, people kill me
chugging along 15 to 20 minutes now.
Game freezes at whatever frame it was last on and a loud looping noise comes from the speakers.
Must hard reset nothing else works.

Tried fixes:
From alpha to beta graphics drivers
Nvidia sound driver to realtek sound driver
Unistalled reinstalled Origin
Set to low resolution/details in game
Disable 3d sound
Monitored CPU and GPU temps

Still will not let me play for longer than 20 minutes. It's a fun game I just wished I could play it.
 
Huh I like alot of EA games.

Mass effect 1,2 (and 3!!)
Star Wars the Old republic
BF3.
Dead space 1 and 2.
Dragon age 1 and 2.

Also like that new game kingdom of Alamur. Quite shocked how fun the game is.

I have looked at that KOR game.. Reminds me of WoW from the looks. Is it nice and open ended? Exploration? When I get some cash and maybe a discount I want to jump in it too.
 
Using BattleLog in lieu of an in-game menu system was, IMO, a mistake.

In any case, Battlefield has always been a game best played with a group of friends as opposed to random players because of the team-based and more tactical nature of the game (as opposed to, say a Call of Duty game where you can easily go lone wolf).

I haven't played much Battlefield 3 since it was released. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather boot up Bad Company 2 than play Battlefield 3 these days.
 
Using BattleLog in lieu of an in-game menu system was, IMO, a mistake.

In any case, Battlefield has always been a game best played with a group of friends as opposed to random players because of the team-based and more tactical nature of the game (as opposed to, say a Call of Duty game where you can easily go lone wolf).

I haven't played much Battlefield 3 since it was released. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather boot up Bad Company 2 than play Battlefield 3 these days.

I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more to be honest.
 
So all problems others have had since launch are just operator error? :rolleyes:

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle, where in the middle is hard to figure out :p

Just because some people are having troubles, doesn't mean everyone is having troubles or those troubles aren't because of some specific issue with their setup (I'm loathed to say "user error"). Just because some people aren't having troubles doesn't mean everything is peachy and anyone who has problems is to blame.

Like my example earlier, one of my friends was having a lot of issues with BF3, but it was problems with his own setup and some sort of driver corruption which was not easily fixed. BF3 was the first game that flat out didn't work that he had played, he played a lot of other games fine, but it was still a problem on his end.

Though I'm sure a lot of people are having issues that aren't their own fault.... its really hard to discern how wide spread problems are unless its pinned down to a specific incompatibility or some such.
 
Game bugs are the fault of the developer, not the publisher.

They are both at fault. Publisher puts massive pressure on its developer to produce not just one title for one platform but for 3 platforms total and all have to release at the same time and mostly bug free. Developer also has to spend time going to events , showing off its product , while doing tons of internal testing and bug hunting. Of course no matter how well tested a game is the only true test is when it releases and millions of players can hammer every single part of it 24/7.

Blaming either individually is missing the point.
 
They are both at fault. Publisher puts massive pressure on its developer to produce not just one title for one platform but for 3 platforms total and all have to release at the same time and mostly bug free. Developer also has to spend time going to events , showing off its product , while doing tons of internal testing and bug hunting. Of course no matter how well tested a game is the only true test is when it releases and millions of players can hammer every single part of it 24/7.

Blaming either individually is missing the point.

Bingo, people always look at one end or the other instead of considering the whole, it's ignorance at it's finest, when people don't see the big picture.
 
Most people here that are "whining" are the same people that have been complaining about this game only being on Origin.

So if something really small goes wrong in the game, they get all raged and it just spirals out of control for them. They blame everything.

What is even more funny, is that the same people here that say that we are an "EA defense force"....are the same people that if you tell them "OMG Steam is stupid" will just BLOW UP at the notion that someone doesn't like Steam...lol because Steam NEVER has any problems..

If you say "OMG I don't want to install Steam bloatware...I just want to play the game"

They will say "Well you have to install steam, if you don't want to then GTFO. Steam is the best thing EVAR!!!"

lol...

I've never seen anyone say anything like this around here.
 
I'm sitting at about 130 hours or so of game time - and I gotta say while it's not PERFECT, I've never had any super major "get on the internet and bitch" problems. The worst thing I've had is hackers in a game, and while they could be doing more to stop it it's sort of a fact of life in any PC multiplayer game.

I just recently upgraded from a single 6950 to a crossfire 6950+6970 rig, and guess what? Everything just flat WORKED beautifully. Ultra quality, max everything 1920x1080p and never dipping below 60fps. No crazy all night config session, no calling online support, the shit just WORKED.

I fully realize that no developer/publisher/magic sky wizard will be able to create the perfect most efficient code that will work with every piece of hardware from 1990 on. Just not in the cards, Ive never had an issue, I don't doubt there are people that have, but it doesn't mean that something is a total failure just because YOU are having problems. Whos more likely to get on the internet and raise a fuss? Some guy who's happily pwning n00bs? or some guy who has a hard drive that hasn't been formatted in 4 years who can't figure out how to clean his system up before installing the bleeding edge in gaming engines?

My opinion of EA is that, yes as a publisher they have taken more than a few series of games and bled the fans dry. I don't agree with everything they do, but BF3 is obviously a hit, and works flawlessly for more than a few people. If you are this pissed off over the PC version, I suggest picking up the 360 or PS3 version and stop clogging the forum with what has already been posted a million times.

I owned a Mazda RX8 that I loved, it got egged, keyed, broken into, i hit a raccoon, and the apex seals blew under warranty. I don't talk shit about Mazda though because it was a fun car and I definitively got my moneys worth out of it despite all the mess.
 
wow, preorder canceled.

no HDMI is a deal breaker for me
can't believe EA would do such a thing
 
Don't worry, BF3 is worked fine for me and its absolutely garbage. Your not missing much
 
7:00 ran BF3
7:01 selected server
7:02 hopped on 24/7 Wake Island 1k ticket
7:03 got in game and proceeded to rape RU in Cobra with pilot buddy
7:25 dinner ready but must keep playing
9:52 eat cold frozen pizza for dinner yet again!

I guarantee 99% of problems with this game people are having are on their end. I've logged in well over 200 hours, as have a few friends of mine and none of us are crashing at all. For every 1 whiner that says the game is broken there are 50,000 that are playing fine. Fix YOUR shit.
 
for those who are blaming the user for their glitches, just because the game works for you doesn't mean the game is fine for everyone else.

Mine is very broken. Single player won't work at all. I can successful join about 50% of the multiplayer games i attempt to join and the game will crash at the end of each match. Before someone tells me the problem is on my end PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE BATTLELOG FORUMS to see the 100s (maybe 1000s) of users reporting the same problem.

I have no problems with 100 - 200 other games installed on my system (168 steam count so far).
 
7:00 ran BF3
7:01 selected server
7:02 hopped on 24/7 Wake Island 1k ticket
7:03 got in game and proceeded to rape RU in Cobra with pilot buddy
7:25 dinner ready but must keep playing
9:52 eat cold frozen pizza for dinner yet again!

I guarantee 99% of problems with this game people are having are on their end. I've logged in well over 200 hours, as have a few friends of mine and none of us are crashing at all. For every 1 whiner that says the game is broken there are 50,000 that are playing fine. Fix YOUR shit.

For every one person who is having unfixable problems, there are 50,000 fanboys ready to abuse them for speaking ill against an inanimate object.
 
OP, either your OC is unstable or your memory is going bad, both of which can corrupt your OS and thus cause the crashing issues.
 
dont worry you aren't missing much but a dumbed down POS version of what Battlefield used to be.
 
Even if its a "been there done that" product, it really never reached as broad an audience until now. Its fresh for a lot of people, and they are enjoying it very much.
 
For every one person who is having unfixable problems, there are 50,000 fanboys ready to abuse them for speaking ill against an inanimate object.

Just as bad as when someone says Steam is bad and the 100,000 fanboys come out calling you every name in the book.
 
I guarantee 99% of problems with this game people are having are on their end. I've logged in well over 200 hours, as have a few friends of mine and none of us are crashing at all. For every 1 whiner that says the game is broken there are 50,000 that are playing fine. Fix YOUR shit.

Have you actually read the Battlelog forums?
 
7:00 ran BF3
7:01 selected server
7:02 hopped on 24/7 Wake Island 1k ticket
7:03 got in game and proceeded to rape RU in Cobra with pilot buddy
7:25 dinner ready but must keep playing
9:52 eat cold frozen pizza for dinner yet again!

I guarantee 99% of problems with this game people are having are on their end. I've logged in well over 200 hours, as have a few friends of mine and none of us are crashing at all. For every 1 whiner that says the game is broken there are 50,000 that are playing fine. Fix YOUR shit.

+1

Or send it to me return shipping.. Ill have that pc up and running in no time playing almost any game you want.
 
Never have had a problem in BF3 yet. Get into a server, play for a couple hours, and leave happy and satisfied.
 
I guarantee 99% of problems with this game people are having are on their end. I've logged in well over 200 hours, as have a few friends of mine and none of us are crashing at all. For every 1 whiner that says the game is broken there are 50,000 that are playing fine. Fix YOUR shit.

That is BS. I have a clean build, and for some reason the game just has to take 20 tries before I can join a server due to it being "disconnected from EA Online".

dont worry you aren't missing much but a dumbed down POS version of what Battlefield used to be.

i'm going to agree with this one. BF3 is fun, but at least in BF2 you could FUCKING LEAN AND NOT GET SHOT TRYING TO SEE WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER
 
That is BS. I have a clean build, and for some reason the game just has to take 20 tries before I can join a server due to it being "disconnected from EA Online".

It's true. I haven't had the problem THIS severe but I know whenever I go on that certainly the first few times I'm not getting on. That's all there is to it.

I KNOW the problem isn't on my end.

i'm going to agree with this one. BF3 is fun, but at least in BF2 you could FUCKING LEAN AND NOT GET SHOT TRYING TO SEE WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER

I miss leaning in general in a lot of these games.
 
i'm going to agree with this one. BF3 is fun, but at least in BF2 you could FUCKING LEAN AND NOT GET SHOT TRYING TO SEE WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER

Lol. You died when you were back in cover because the netcode was such shit. You would die 2-3 seconds after you were actually shot and it was always a wtf since your bullets often didn't even hit the enemy when he was right in front of you and you sprayed him. BF2 was fun but the hit registration was awful at best.
 
The BF3 hit registration is kind of dodgy too.

I miss leaning in general in a lot of these games.

My running conspiracy theory is that there aren't enough buttons on a XBOX gamepad to support 2 lean buttons, but that's just me.

It's true. I haven't had the problem THIS severe but I know whenever I go on that certainly the first few times I'm not getting on. That's all there is to it.

I KNOW the problem isn't on my end.

There is an 140 page thread on Battlelog about "you have been disconnected from EA Online", and they all direct you to their "tech support", which is all outsourced to folks who do nothing but give canned answer that don't work. Solutions range from "reinstall the game" to "Shut down your modem" so you'll lose your connection to the live chat.

My favourite EA Tech Support Magic Panacea is when the tech support promises "to make some changes to my account". Is there some sort of super-secret elite account where you can always join a server, and a tier 2 discriminatory account setting that boots you all the time?

Personal conspiracy theory: Just something they're saying so you'll think they're actually doing something when they're not
 
Back
Top