EA And Ubisoft Bury The Hatchet Over Trademark 'Ghost'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Electronics Arts has decided to give up trying to trademark the word Ghost. EA now says that it has an "agreement with Ubisoft to carry on with our respective trademarks," whatever that means.

Electronic Arts has given up on trying to trademark "Ghost" in the face of formal opposition from Ghost Recon owner Ubisoft. The pair seem to have settled their differences amicably, as an EA representative told PC Gamer today that "we now have an agreement with Ubisoft to carry on with our respective trademarks."

Who do you have left then? I like playing games personally.
Bandai Namco, Atlus, Deep Silver, 2K, ActivisionBlizzard, Bethesda, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Rockstar, Capcom, CDprojekt, Konam-...oops not that one, but the list goes on, and expands into independent territory as well.

There are a shit load of publishers/developers. If you're only playing games that come from EA and Ubisoft you are missing out. And in some cases even if those two ended their respective franchises or subsidiaries could be likely be picked up by others. Such as when THQ went tits up and Deep Silver acquired their properties. It's Volition and Saints Row still exist.

Here's a list of hundreds of promising games, sorted by genre:

The PC Games Of 2016

Obviously some of these are EA and Ubisoft, but the vast majority aren't. EA and Ubisoft can make good games, they just tend to have awful consumer practices is the problem.

I'm glad it didn't went through. Ghost is a common word, even within the context of game title.

I wonder if my copyright on the word copyright will go though unopposed...

Back