EA allegedly catches up on BF2 stats

Twinkie

Gawd
I say allegedly.

I have only been playing ranked servers since last week.

Of my approximately 20 hours logged, BFHQ only has stats for 44 minutes. I've received the same awards multiple times, but nada.

Personally, I think there are a lot of lost stats, but oh well.

Read the post here.

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=9739

I had this problem when I initially started playing but now my stats update immediately after playing a game. Have you tried playing on different ranked servers and seeing if the stats update? Also try closing out the game and restarting

I'm sure they're trying to cope with the new server loads just like all companies do.

I'm just surprised that they didn't anticipate this. They knew the game would be an instant hit.

Yes,

I have been playing an assorted ranked servers, but still seem to not get any stats updates.

Pretty lame.

I have the same problem....
So far i have had an Airbourne, Combat Medic and Anti Aircraft badges not show up after getting them thursday of last week.

I can only recommend that you try and stick with EA servers under 32 players. Out of the 20+ hours i played, 80% have been on EA servers and i havent had a problem with the Stat tracking.

So, you can only rack up stats if you play on ranked servers? Will we see more ranked servers as time goes by? I only ask because only about 5-10% of the current servers appear to be ranked, and they're almost always full. Is there a reason all servers don't keep track of stats?

to make people (groups) lease servers through EA, one of a very few ways to have your server be ranked i believe.

Dijonase said:
So, you can only rack up stats if you play on ranked servers? Will we see more ranked servers as time goes by? I only ask because only about 5-10% of the current servers appear to be ranked, and they're almost always full. Is there a reason all servers don't keep track of stats?
EA is afraid that less legit hosting companies will screw around with how stats are reported on their servers, which could cause issues with ranking.

WickedAngel said:
I'm sure they're trying to cope with the new server loads just like all companies do.

I'm just surprised that they didn't anticipate this. They knew the game would be an instant hit.

EA can't cope with all the reporting in ranked servers?

Umm.. there is only 20 to 30 of them total!

Stupid idea, but if EA was worried about servers reporting in bad or being modified... why don't they punkbuster the servers as well as the clients?

kick@ss said:
EA is afraid that less legit hosting companies will screw around with how stats are reported on their servers, which could cause issues with ranking.

I guess that makes sense, but it's still disappointing to see that such a small percentage of servers keep track of stats. Let's face it, everyone wants to play on ranked servers.

It's also strange that the ranked servers seem to lag worse than others, even if they aren't any fuller and have a comparable ping. What's going on in the background of those servers that makes them perform so much worse? Don't they just have to export your stats at the end of the round, or is there more going on?

Dijon,

My guess is that the server is taking snapshots and uploading them during the game; at the very least, taking snapshots during the game and then uploading them at the end of the round.

Twinkie said:
Dijon,

My guess is that the server is taking snapshots and uploading them during the game; at the very least, taking snapshots during the game and then uploading them at the end of the round.

I hope it's not taking these snapshots and uploading them at the end of the game... quite a few times I've been kicking serious ass, only to randomly crash back to the desktop with no error message.

versello said:
I hope it's not taking these snapshots and uploading them at the end of the game... quite a few times I've been kicking serious ass, only to randomly crash back to the desktop with no error message.
It is real-time and that is one of the issues with the lag. Strangely I have found all kinds of servers from 32 to 64 players that work perfectly fine and other that don't. My guess? Some servers are not prepared for the newer generation of FPS games via their hardware.

Played all yesterday and the day before. None of the ranked servers I played yesterday recorded my stats apparently. I check today and still my rank hasn't changed in two days. Really saddening since my roommate who plays with me, is almost two ranks higher. And we play on the same servers and I usually get the higher score!

:mad: :(

Makes me wonder if it has something to do with CD Key sets? In other words, properly recorded ranks go from cd key X to cd key Y, are those of us with keys Y+1, Y+2, etc., currently out of luck?

Back