e8500 pre-order???

Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
8
Hey everyone,
I've got a question for some of yall that have been around a while, Should I pre order the processor? I have a build that is waiting on the processor, and just the processor. I want to get it from a reputable place as well, and I want to make sure I can get it ASAP.

At the moment I am just waiting to see if newegg gets it on pre-order as I know they will take care of things. Do they do pre-orders? Should I just wait till newegg gets it up? or zipzoomfly or something similar? What would you do in my situation?

Thanks a lot.
 
I would wait to see who gets it in stock first. If you pre order through somewhere you might have to pay a higher premium than at a different place and it may not come in to where you pre ordered it before it comes into other e-tailers
 
What is the ETA on those new chips, I have also been waiting for some 8 months now.
 
I'm either going with an E8400 or E8500. I'm probably just going to order it from newegg. I hope the first batch of these things are good overclockers :)
 
With the high cost of DDR3, I would say stay on DDR2, it's dirt cheap right now.

I might go with the E8500 and the evga 780i (when I get my 680i upgrade approved).
 
I'm either going with an E8400 or E8500. I'm probably just going to order it from newegg. I hope the first batch of these things are good overclockers :)

Yeah, that's a tough call. I don't know if the extra 0.5x is worth $80 or not. Too bad the 8500 isn't 10x instead of 9.5, it would make the decision easier.
 
I would wait to see who gets it in stock first. If you pre order through somewhere you might have to pay a higher premium than at a different place and it may not come in to where you pre ordered it before it comes into other e-tailers


^^That is the absolute best answer humanly possible as to whether or not you should pre-order.
 
Back
Top