• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

e8400 temp fluctuations between the two cores?

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2001
Messages
1,792
Running real temp right now and I have see the temperature diffrence between the two cores be as much as 14 degrees? sometimes it is less, other times it is more, on average the two cores stay about 10 degrees diffrent.

For example I am just sitting here with nothing else open except for this IE window and one core reads 41 wihle the other reads 28? Right now I am running @ 9x400 for 3.6 with vcore set to 1.275. board is a GA-EP35-DS3L cooler is a Freezer 7 pro. I didnt want to bump the voltage up on the CPU but it wouldnt go through prime 95 or other torture tests without the bump. I havent gone past 1.275 yet.... but have tried higher FSB lol.

I took my system back apart to make sure the heatsink I had was on and tight and all seems good, I havent experienced any crashes or etc as of yet..... (knock on wood!!)

Just seeing if this is rare but normal or what. Peak temps I have seen are 54 and 48

BTW this is all in a HTPC case along with 2x 1GB and 2x 512MB OCZ mem that has to run at freakin 2V and a 4850 stock cooler. temps seem pretty good (even though the 4850 did run as high as 85 under load, I have the fan set to 40% now and I havent seen it go above 70 yet)
 
I am seeing the same thing with my E8400. Not as drastic as yours but still on average about 6 degrees diffrence in the cores. Would really be interested if this is normal or what.
 
even not overclocked when I first installed I noticed this. As I said I checked several times to ensure the heatsink was down right because I built a core 2 duo setup for someone a while back and used the stock heatsink and was getting high temps and uneven temps. Then started reading tons of people had probs wit hthe stock heatsinks, I got him a freezer pro 7 and it was all good after that.

but this one I right off the bat put a freezer pro 7 cause I knew I was goign to have it in a tighter case with lower RPM fans. and I checked the heatsink after I installed it on the MB before I instaleld it in to the case, and later pulled it out to check seeing the temp variance.

as I said I'm not running hot at all from what I have seen so far, especially for my setup, I'm just curious on this. Or maybe I possibly got a bad cooler with an uneven bottom lmao
 
My E8400 core 0 routinely reads ~3-6C higher than core 1. Many E8400s out there have bad or malfunctioning temperature sensors, I think...
 
Back
Top