e8400 problem

frtl97

Limp Gawd
i have a gigabyte p35c-ds3r board,updated bios for 45nm installed e8400 computer
boots up everthing but memory (have corsiar with leds) any ideas what is wrong ?

Say again? If your asking about your memory is it on the approved vendor list? If not we would need more info specs and symptoms b4 we offer any advice. I have ga-p35-ds3l rev 2 and a e8400 with g-skill mem and I have not had any probs so far.

Taking a stab at answering your grammatically-shitty question, I'm guessing that you need to go into the BIOS and make sure that the voltages and memory timings are set to the correct specs given by corsair. Read the core 2 duo sticky in the OC/cooling forum about how to change such things.

Sorry for the grammar,I have been fooling with this to the point of total frustration.
I have set timings and voltages, but have no activity from memory,hard drive runs but
the hdd l.e.d. shows no activity. I believe I have a bad processor. When I install
e6850 back in mobo everything works as it should.

If you were overclocking your old chip, you'd want to reset your bios or adjust down your overclocks since the new e8400 should only get max of 1.35V or so.

maybe you need to update the BIOS on the motherboard to support the e8400.

If it works with the e6850 & not the e8400.

put the e6850 in, check your BIOS revision. You should be using F11, if you have anything before F6, thats probably your problem.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2551

check revision # of your motherboard, as there are 3 versions, 1.0, 2.0, & 2.1

You may also need to clear CMOS when you put the new chip in.

"updated bios for 45nm installed" ??

His first post was lacking a few commas - logically this is what I took from it:

- He has a gigabyte p35c-ds3r
- He updated his bios version to allow support for 45nm CPUs
- Then he installed his new e8400
- Now everything boots up except his memory

frtl97, the last piece is what I don't understand.....what do you mean that your "memory does not boot"? Do you mean that the corsair LEDs are simply not lighting up? Does your computer finish booting into windows?

The computer will not go into windows everything is running video (no screen image)
fans,dvd led lights up ,leds on memory do not light, led for hard drive does not light.

Try just putting in one stick at a time and try all 4 slots. Grasping at straws here--something definitely funky is going on if everything works fine with your other CPU installed.

I have to eat some crow,i checked cpu-z found that bios did not update as i had thought.
I tried to update in many various ways vista would not update. I downloaded @bios
and after shutting off nearly every program, several bsod,downloaded from server in
Tiawan.I now have e8400 installed and working. I thank all of you very much for
your much needed advice. Ya'll are great. Thanks again.

Back