• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E8400 Overclocking?

You're right that faster RAM will allow you to reach higher overclocks. The 1000MHz RAM will allow you to run an FSB of up to 500MHz without running the RAM past its specification. With the components you picked out, you should be able to hit ~4-4.3GHz depending on the stepping of the chip you end up with.
 
I would get a 1000mhz kit just to take my mind off the ram when I o/c. With my current 800 I have to always wonder if my ram is a limiting factor, annoying since it kills more time and adds to uncertainty.
 
Back
Top