• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

e8400 or q6600

SHaFT7

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
178
so I've got a e8400 at work, 8GB ram, 3 monitors. I run excel, my point of sale system, outlook, and about 23523235 chrome tabs at once. I recently overclocked the chip to 3.6 and it's working just fine, but I got a free Q6600 that I could use instead.

My question is, for multitasking stuff, would this be a better chip? or should i just stay with the e8400. remember, no money is involved, I already have the chip.

thanks
 
Yeah...Q6600 is a better chip.

I just swapped in a Q6600 into the motherboard in Mighty Mouse *as a Christmas present*(for someone else, not me - I'm going to i5-K) - despite it being utterly stock-clocked and being basically held hostage by the Intel G41 chipset, it runs like a scalded Abrams tank.
 
Back
Top