• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E8400 Everest Bench - Oh Dear...

Overspeed

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
227
Hey, I ran the Everest Cache and Memory Bench tonight and I'm very disturbed by what I see:

cachemem.png


I've seen this bench run with the same hardware as mine (see sig) and my figures are, in some areas, 1/6th of the norm. Wondering if my figures mean anything to anyone. What would low L2 Cache figures indicate?
 
Is that the latest version of the app? Maybe it's not working properly with wolfdale if it's not.
 
Look at the L2 bandwidth - for write it's actually slower than main memory. Blame Everest, if your L2 was turned off you would notice. (If the system was busy while running the benchmark it would have the same effect - and even very light load like an MP3 player in the background could do it - an app can thrash the cache without using much CPU time.)
 
Back
Top