Gutspiller
Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2005
- Messages
- 576
1. Either of this CPUs will work in my P5W DH Deluxe Mobo, right?
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=116&l3=0&l4=0&model=1198&modelmenu=1
2. If I go with a Q6700 I will wait for the Intel price drop ( http://resources.vr-zone.com//newspics/Feb08/22/inteldesktop.gif ) but are stores shipping the E8400 / E8500 / E8600s out now? Where or when can I find one? I see a few stores with E8400 but they have notify buttons and don't look to be shipping out, and I see no stores with E8500 or E8600s.
3. I have a E6600, but if I wait for the April 20th price drop, will it drop in price also when I try to sell it? If that's the case, I don't think I want to wait for that price drop.
Basically I'm looking for the best CPU for gaming for my P5W DH Deluxe Mobo. I did have a thread here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1287932 but I now have some better ideas of more what I'm looking for.
I'm looking to spend low to mid $300s. From benchmarks I've looked at, the E8500 looked to be faster than a quad in gaming. I didn't see any benchmarks/reviews for a E8600, even though it's listed on that Intel price drop link.
Can some people help me on which is going to be better for FPS gaming. Thanks for any help you can provide!
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=116&l3=0&l4=0&model=1198&modelmenu=1
2. If I go with a Q6700 I will wait for the Intel price drop ( http://resources.vr-zone.com//newspics/Feb08/22/inteldesktop.gif ) but are stores shipping the E8400 / E8500 / E8600s out now? Where or when can I find one? I see a few stores with E8400 but they have notify buttons and don't look to be shipping out, and I see no stores with E8500 or E8600s.
3. I have a E6600, but if I wait for the April 20th price drop, will it drop in price also when I try to sell it? If that's the case, I don't think I want to wait for that price drop.
Basically I'm looking for the best CPU for gaming for my P5W DH Deluxe Mobo. I did have a thread here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1287932 but I now have some better ideas of more what I'm looking for.
I'm looking to spend low to mid $300s. From benchmarks I've looked at, the E8500 looked to be faster than a quad in gaming. I didn't see any benchmarks/reviews for a E8600, even though it's listed on that Intel price drop link.
Can some people help me on which is going to be better for FPS gaming. Thanks for any help you can provide!