• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E8400 E0 Stepping Future Availability

vexion

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
91
Hey guys,

I'm throwing together a tentative future system. I'm not building until after Thanksgiving (have the leeway to wait for now, and I'm looking to pounce on those Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.)

I've settled on an E8400. I figure I can wait a year or two to take advantage of Nehalem, but that the price on the old Core architecture chips will get slashed when the new set come out. My question is, how available do you think the E0s (as opposed to the C0s) will be come Thanksgiving? I know they just came out, and they're hard to find these days. But how much easier to find will they be by late November?

Thanks in advance!
 
From what I've read, the E0 E8400s are actually very common nowadays. I'd say that if you're planning to build in November you'd almost certainly get an E0. If you're worried though, you could always go down to a B&M store like a Fry's or Microcenter if you have any available and pick through the CPUs yourself until you find one you like.
 
Not lucky enough. Best brick-and-mortar stores we have here in Lexington, KY are Best Buy and some overpriced, small-business type places.
 
Either way, you'd have a really good chance of getting an E0 model in November.
 
I'm in a similar boat. I cannot wait for the day after the bird...I'm dying to slap a nice, cheap 775 system together.
 
Back
Top