• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E8400 E0 (Q828) OC trouble

m0h1t

n00b
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
37
Guy's I'm having some trouble stabilising 450FSB on my board

Here is my config
E8400 E0 (Q828 Batch) + TRUE120 w/ Scythe 110cfm
Gskill F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK (2x1GB 1066Mhz 2.3-2.4v)
MSI P45 Neo2-FR (Running BIOS v3.4)
MSI HD4890-OC
Corsair VX450
OS - Vista Ultimate x64

This is my current stable OC
3.6Ghz(400x9) @ 1.2v (1.16-1.17 real after load)
Ram 1:1 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v
MCH Voltage : 1.148v
ICH Voltage : 1.52v
VTT FSB Voltage : Auto


dsc03331z.jpg



dsc03333fkh.jpg



Now I have not been able boot into windows at 450x9 so far, It usually gets stuck before the round windows logo appears before the login prompt and at times gives different BSOD's like IRQL not equal, 0x0000007E, etc etc
I have tried various combinations of different voltages from low to high w/o any luck.

Please suggest what voltages should I be pushing for 450FSB?

Also under ClockGen tuner there is CPU abd PCI-E Amplitude control, CPU CLK Skew and MCH CLK Skew, No messing around w/ these?
 
Last edited:
loosen your memory to 5-5-5-15.. thats most likely your problem since you are only running it at 2.1v.. that should get you to 450mhz FSB or close to it..
 
Tried that already, along w/ bumping up the voltage to 2.4v, still no good.. :(
I think its a NB/MCH Voltage issue
 
Tried that already, along w/ bumping up the voltage to 2.4v, still no good.. :(
I think its a NB/MCH Voltage issue


if its not the memory timing.. then you are probably right with it being either the NB/MCH voltage..
 
The thing is I even tried MCH 1.4v+..
Cant seem to figure out whats causng the instability, the board and chip are good, PSU cant be an issue..

I'm running the latest bios, v3.4. There is a beta bios out, will give that a shot.
 
The thing is I even tried MCH 1.4v+..
Cant seem to figure out whats causng the instability, the board and chip are good, PSU cant be an issue..

I'm running the latest bios, v3.4. There is a beta bios out, will give that a shot.


have you combined the MCH voltage increase with the looser ram timing? also how high have you tried to go with the cpu voltage? hell its quite possible you just got a processor that doesnt overclock all that well..
 
have you combined the MCH voltage increase with the looser ram timing? also how high have you tried to go with the cpu voltage? hell its quite possible you just got a processor that doesnt overclock all that well..

I did try loose timings w/ MCH voltages ranging from 1.1xx to 1.4xx
I doubt that the chip requires higher volts, since I'm doing 3.6Ghz linpack stable @ 1.16-1.17v real

Also the guy who I bought the chip from posted this..

330493e428407cf3.jpg
 
Back
Top