E8400 core temps 12 degrees apart

robothunter

Limp Gawd
There is 12 degrees difference between my two cores. Is that normal?

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I have always core1 42 and core2 45 (in everest coretemp) no mather what i do or how much i fan or not fan, seems tempreading don't work on my 8xxx?
Also bios always show i thibnk 32 or something like that and only that number...

Same here, though different Core.....and granted I'm on the stock air until the rest of my cooling setup gets here, but right now I've got:

CPU - 41C
CPU Core 1 - 46C
CPU Core 2 - 54C

The delta between CPU and core 2 really bothers me, as I'm wondering what this might do if I plan to do any OCing.......

See how it changes at load. The delta for mine goes down to like 4C's (47/51 respectively) during P95 (blend)...so it's more likely a sensor issue than anything.

Try your CPU in an X38 / 48 mobo to see if the problem is with the CPU.
My core temps are identical and they also make sense in a GA-X38-DS4.
I have only seem temperature related problems from none X38 / X48 owners.

If anyone with an X38/48 has similar problems it would be good to hear of them.

See how it changes at load. The delta for mine goes down to like 4C's (47/51 respectively) during P95 (blend)...so it's more likely a sensor issue than anything.

Just finished a marathon session of UT2004 (from about 5pm to right about now). After a while, the CPU settled into a set temp range...

CPU: 56C
Core 1: 58C
Core 2: 68-70C.

That's kinda what has me concerned....for a few brief moments Core 2 hit 71, and that's one something like UT2k4. What will happen if I put it through something worse.....

Just finished a marathon session of UT2004 (from about 5pm to right about now). After a while, the CPU settled into a set temp range...

CPU: 56C
Core 1: 58C
Core 2: 68-70C.

That's kinda what has me concerned....for a few brief moments Core 2 hit 71, and that's one something like UT2k4. What will happen if I put it through something worse.....

Wow, yours is worse then mine and I thought mine is really bad.

Back