E8400 1 degree on air! w00t!!

robothunter

Limp Gawd
I just finished building my new computer and what can I say; that ThermalRight Ultra Extreme 120 is amazing. It's 70 degrees (21 C) in my apartment and my TRUE 120 is cooling my CPU (E8400) to 1C. w00t.

But seriously, temps are going from 1C to 249C in Uguru. Everest 2.2 home won't even try and guess at a temp, Speedfan is giving me a system temp of 30C, CPU around -1C and an aux of -17C. I have an Abit IP35 PRO motherboard with rev 14 BIOS. Their website says that is the latest one.

Ahh yes. CoreTemp works! Thank you very much. It's showing core0 at 41C and core1 at 29C. Thanks.

While it's not confirmed in any official way, a lot of people (especially those who benchmark) currently believe that no program is accurately reporting the temperature of Wolfdale cores. Some people are seeing Core Temp not fluctuate between idle and load, while others are seeing numbers that they figure to be 10-15C too high or too low. For example, I've seen several reports of people seeing 70C load temps but when the put their hand to their heat sink it's rather cool to the touch.

Also, take note that the Abit IP-35 pro is currently hit or miss in properly supporting Wolfdales. People are still waiting on a BIOS update to up stability and support.

Both core temp and uGuru are wrong. I have the same set up.

You need to download beta BIOS 4 for your abit IP35 pro board to get a good temp reading in uGuru. Coretemp does not quite support the wolfdales yet. I'm idling at 20*C with the new BIOS.

Back