E7200 & P5Q PRO OC

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm just wondering if my voltages are avg for this kind of oc

I have a e7200 and a asus p5Q PRO

I'm trying to oc to 3.6ghz 1:1 ratio 400fsb 800mhz ddr2

it won't boot unless i put the cpu voltage to 1.40 iam running 1.41 for added stabilty
NB v is set to 1.2 it won't do 1600fsb with out it set to this . DDR2 voltage is set to 2.0

iam just wondering if this is normal voltages for this oc ?
my temps are 36c to 40c idle and 50 to 65c underload

iam using a CM 590 loaded with fans and mini ninja heatsink

Your temps look good, but that 1.41vcore is pretty high for a wolfdale. There seem to be a lot of people who think that 1.4-1.5+ will damage their wolfdale chips...and some who disagree. I haven't played with one, so I can't say, for myself. Were I you, I'd back down on the OC, but that's just me. I doubt you'd notice the difference between, say, 3.2-3.4 and 3.6Ghz, and if that allows you to lower the vcore significantly, it'll help. But, you may decide you can afford to buy another chip if this one happens to burn out. <shrug>

i end able a couple settings in the bios

i got the core voltage to 1.33

still feel kinda high?

1.33v is fine. The max voltage I would use with a Wolfdale would be around 1.38-1.39v. 1.33v is well within safe levels, so as long as its stable, you're good.

i had to just up the voltage to 1.34 becuase i got a BSOD while i was trying to install WOw

since then no bsod temps really haven't changed much

Have you used prime95 or orthos or anything to test for stability, or are you relying upon booting into windows as a sign you're stable? I don't mean to be uppity, but I doubt things are stable if you crash while installing a game...

grats on the overclock, do you have a guide for overclocking on the p5q

I'm looking for an 'advanced guide' something more than how to change the FSB/voltage

In my P5K-E there are a ton of 'advanced' settings that i don't know what they do or how they affect things.

disable cpu spread spectrum
it makes fsb more achievable but increases EMI
also load line calibration set to enable

Back