• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E7200 owners check in!

haadij404

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
2,280
how are you liking your processor? how is the overclocking going? any issues?

ive been having a lot of fun with this chip. Finally got rid of my E6300 because of the shitty 7x multiplier and now I am really enjoying this new 9.5x multi. I can overclock so much higher with lower fsb. its great.

My E7200 seems to be a champ. I got mine up to that revered 4ghz territory easily. I've even taken it 4.3ghz but the increase in voltage and temps was not worth it. I've kept it 4ghz for the last 2 weeks and its been so smooth. It just amazes me how high I can go with such low volts.

So please post your e7200 experience. Maybe we can help each other out and troubleshoot problems together.
 
I stopped at the same speed as you with the same voltage lol.
 
I have mine at 3.8 right now and couldnt be happier ( well i bet i could at 4.0 lol )

i have had 0 problems with this CPU....i love it
 
I'm fully stable at 3.53GHz at 1.28v, although I typically run at 3.2GHz at 1.10v due to heat issues. I'm using that stock... shoddy Intel heatsink and my temps have hit as high as 85*C (185*F). YUCK!

That was running Prime95 stress-test on both cores at 3.53GHz at 1.28v. On a day to day basis, it rarely goes to 70*C even with the games I play. However, I prefer the 1.10v which runs much cooler, never going over 65*C.

However, I have cooling plans... just trying to get the details hammered out. I have a new vid card coming, and I want to make sure there are no clearance issues.
 
im thinking about dropping voltage on mine to lower the temps as well...

you 3,8 and 4.0 guys whats your voltage at?
 
hmm, maybe you guys can help me out. I currently have an e7200 running at stock speed with Intel's stock cooler. I want to overclock it by just increasing the FSB to 333 Mhz and nothing else but I am concerning about the temp. The stock cooler from Intel would be okay for the job, right?
 
I'm running the stock Intel cooler and I'm doing OK. It will be warm, obviously. Go download RealTemp. It will tell you current temp as well as "distance to TJmax". As long as distance to TJmax is greater than 10, then (theoretically) you will be fine.

Keep an eye on your voltages, too. I'm running mine at 1.28v at 3.53GHz and I've hit as high as 84*C (11* to TJmax) and that really hot. But, that was cranking out Prime95 torture tests. In just plain gaming, I've been at least 10* cooler.

However, just bumping the FSB to 333 (9.5X333=3.16GHz). You should be fine with your temperatures.
 
you could get a new cpu cooler...

my ocz vendetta 2 is wonderful!!

That thing cost around $50??? Whoa for that price, I should have just bought E8400 instead. I built myself a rather budgeted computer. Besides, the push pin installation for the cooler was terrible I don't really want to touch the CPU ever again.

I using this motherboard,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128338
so it probably won't allow me to overclock it very high and I won't be increasing the voltage. I figure I would put a 4 dollar fan on the northbridge and maybe also one on the southbridge and I'll probably be okay with a CPU clockrate of 3.16 Ghz, right? I'm a complete novice at this so I really want to make sure.
 
That thing cost around $50??? Whoa for that price, I should have just bought E8400 instead. I built myself a rather budgeted computer. Besides, the push pin installation for the cooler was terrible I don't really want to touch the CPU ever again.

I using this motherboard,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128338
so it probably won't allow me to overclock it very high and I won't be increasing the voltage. I figure I would put a 4 dollar fan on the northbridge and maybe also one on the southbridge and I'll probably be okay with a CPU clockrate of 3.16 Ghz, right? I'm a complete novice at this so I really want to make sure.

The e7200 is a very cool running chip so the stock intel cooler is good enough enough at 3.16ghz. Try it out and see what temps you get.
 
Back
Top