E6750+P35-DS3P+800MHz OCZ gold

Fanu

n00b
first of all

i did use search
on google and on this forum

i am writing this either cause i am retarded and cant get the hang of it or cause none of the websites iv been to did not explain it veryy well

so, my problem is overclocking E6750 to 3.2ghz

Gigabyte P35-DS3P motherboard doesnt support manual memory clocks, instead you have to use dividers

this is one of my problems, cause i dont know what divider to use to make FSB:memory ratio to 1:1

second problem is CPU and memory voltage

if i use Auto voltage values and set FSB to 400MHz and memory divider to x2.00, voltage for CPU gets too high

CPU-Z reports voltage of more then 1.4V if under load and CPU temperature gets too high (above 65C)

this is also one of my problems
i use Intel thermal analysis tool and Core temp for monitoring CPU temperatures

they both report different temperatures
right now intel tool reports temp of both cores to be 15C, and core temp reports it to be 30C
i mean wtf, thats a huge difference

so to make it short, i need this information:

1) CPU and Memory voltage values
2) what memory divider to use
3) what memory timings to use

my specs:
E6750 (G0 stepping) - box cooler
800MHz OCZ gold 2x1Gb (timings: 5-5-5-15)
Chieftec 550W PSU

if the whole thing wont work on a stock cooler, please let me know (no, i dont plan on buying a different cooler, i am just interested will the whole system work properly in every day use when OCed)

if similiar thread has been made already, please post link to it before closing this thread
ty

2.0 = 1:1

If you are using stock cooling your temps are going to get into the 60's at 3.2GHz. You can try manually setting the voltage to 1.35 or so and see if it is stable.

As far as temps, Coretemp is correct. 15C is impossible unless you are outside.. in Antarctica.

so i shouldnt bother with memory timings, and leave voltage on Auto except CPU voltage?

if temperature is over 65C should i leave 3.2GHz clock or revert it back to default 2.6 or OC it to only like 3GHz (will there be any major improvement if i OC CPU and memory to only 3ghz?)

tnx

You should run your memory as low as it will go, but you need to start with loose timings until you get the CPU where you want it.

If your RAM is rated at 5-5-5 800MHZ then set your FSB to 400MHz, your divider to 2.0 and the timings to 5-5-5 and that will be it.

I was able to run my E6750 @ 3.2GHz while actually undervolting it. I ran it at 1.31 (in OS) and my RAM was at its stock speed 400MHz x 2

Even with a stock cooler, it should stay cool if you can keep the voltage low.

ok, just done an overclock with these BIOS settings:

400FSB
memory multiplier = 2.0 ( 1:1 ratio with FSB )

PCI express - auto
memory timings - auto (5-5-5-15)

system voltage - manual
DD2 overvoltage - normal
PCI-E overvoltage - normal
FSB overvoltage - normal
(G)MCH overvoltage - normal

CPU voltage - 1.33750V

i enter windows xp
start CPU-Z

CPU-Z reports CPU voltage of 1.296V when downclocked (2.4ghz) and when overclocked (3.2ghz)

temperatures when IDLE are 40C

orthos reports error after some 30seconds into the test

i tried using 1.33125V and 1.33750V for CPU, but CPU-Z always reports the same voltage under idle and load - 1.296V

if i use Auto voltage values, 400FSB and 1.1 memory ratio - CPU-Z reports voltage of 1.4V and CPU gets too hot

seriously wtf

and if i disable EIST, C1E and C.I.A.2 in BIOS while overclocked, PC wont even start (BIOS resets FSB to default value after like 3 failed resets)

My 6750 is running at 3.6ghz(450fsb) stable with 1.41vcore.

try core temp version 095.4,older versions report the temps on G0 steppings wrong,too low by 15c.

What cooler are you using? i dont see why its running so hot at 1.4vcore.Mine idles at 30c with my vcore at 1.41v

Try setting your pci-e at 100mhz manually if you can too.

already using core temp ver 0.95.4

i am using stock cooler (box version of E6750)

Try and get a freezer 7 pro,they are incredibly cheap,mine keeps mine idle about 30-33c and maxxed 58c<.

already using core temp ver 0.95.4

i am using stock cooler (box version of E6750)

You should remove the stock thermal paste and apply some better stuff (I use Arctic Silver 5, although it is now probably not the best around).

Also, if you get a wild hair in your ass, you could try lapping the base of the stock heatsink.

My Tuniq Tower keeps my E6750 COLD COLD COLD (~43C full load)

Back