• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

e6750 overclock cpu dying??

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
2,854
ok I have had my 6750 overclocked @ 3.2g for approximately 1.5 yrs. Lately I have had 3 ocassions where after over an hour of gaming, the fps drops off to 0 and the game exits. I have tried it with 2 different video cards and experienced the same thing. I decreased the oc to 3g and played for almost 2 hours last night without issue. The setup I am talking about is my main rig in my sig. The cpu temps do not go over 50c under load.

So, whats the deal? Is the cpu getting burned out?
 
What Vcore have you been using with your overclock? If it isn't too high, your CPU probably isn't damaged.
 
That shouldn't be too bad (although it does seem pretty high for such a small overclock).
 
I agree with zero, it seems kinda high, but not so high to damage anything. Do you have your MCH and/or FSB voltage raised at all?
 
Back
Top