E6750 and tuniq tower, these temps look right?

UnfaTeFuL

Limp Gawd
So I just built my new comp today with:

Gigabyte P35 DS3r
Intel E6750
Tuniq Tower 120
Plus much more stuff that is needed

I'm just messing around with my tuniq tower and E6750 to see how low my temps can go under stock speed. Right now, Easy Tune5, which came from the P35 driver CD, seems to give the most "accurate" temperature without going into BIOS. I have the latest BIOS (version F5e, 7/25/07)

At stock speed, my CPU temps are in the low 20s, idle, according to BIOS and easy tune5. Under load (2 Prime 95s running), the temps are 39/40C for both CPUs, according to Easy Tune5. Speedfan, Coretemp, and Rightmark all give me low 30s under load for both CPUs and low 20s for idle, which I'm pretty sure is wrong and seems physically impossible.

Are these temps right? The 25-30 idle in BIOS seems reasonable. But I'm highly skeptic of the mid 30s under load. G0 stepping and Tuniq can't be that good. I have an Antec P180 case and the case temps are 40ish Celsius. My room is about low 80s/ high 70s F.

They are right buddy..Check out the guy with the Core 2 Quad G0 stepping. Too hard to believe?

I'm not sure, but it is my feeling that these temps are off. They just seem too low. My E6750 idled at 18C and was 30C under load. That was a below ambient idle temp and a load temp only 8 degrees over ambient. Seems a bit too good to be true to me.

Maybe they are reading the tjunction wrong and the temps are really 15C higher than Core Temp is displaying. At least that is the approach I'm taking while doing my overclocking. A 45C load temp seems more realistic than the 30C.

There always the possibility like mentioned above that the temps are 15C too low, which would be a bummer for the g0 stepping.

I would be a bit skeptical as well if my idle temps = room temps.

EasyTune5 on my C2D reads anywhere from 10-15C too low under idle, but is fairly accurate, within 1-2C under load. But my E6600 is the way older B2 stepping.

Ive got an e6600 and a tuniq tower and my temps were similar at stock voltage. People with the same stepping of chip Ive got all reported similar temps.

I think the BIOS is the only thing that's accurate on the temp. Too bad you can't run your system under load and check the BIOS temp at the same time.

Back