E6750 @ 3.95ghz Orthos stable. (POST @ 4.3ghz)

pugsley1218

Limp Gawd
I happened to pick up a nice e6750 chip. I am currently running it at 1.54v @ 3.95ghz. Temps are a little high, (around 70c load) is this too high to run at? Think I can lower the voltage any and be ok?

That is amazing...I officially cannot wait for my signature build. I literally read your post and said "OMG" and then had some happy feelings flow through my body. Kind of like when you're 14 and messing around with your GF for the first time....kind of.

What are your specs?

That is amazing...I officially cannot wait for my signature build. I literally read your post and said "OMG" and then had some happy feelings flow through my body. Kind of like when you're 14 and messing around with your GF for the first time....kind of.

What are your specs?

EVGA Nforce 680i TR board
850w Cooler Master Real Power Pro PSU
SLI'D 8800GTXs
Assorted hard drives for roughly 1.2TB of total space.

Also, doing some more instense CPU testing (StressCPU on orthos) I have noticed the cpu getting as high as 74c. I knocked the voltage down to 1.52, and the clock speed to about 3.9. I just wish these temps were a little cooler. Aren't the G0 stepping CPUs supposed to run a bit hotter though? I'm using a Tuniq tower. I would think it would be a bit cooler.

Let your AS5 settle and cure and maybe that will help the temperatures.

Very impressive, I think that's the highest OC I've seen on an NF63 on air. The temps aren't out of the ordinary for that setup, assuming your have normal (20-25c) ambient temps.

soo close to 4ghz :)

i've been waiting for someone to hit 4ghz stable on water or air on a E6750. maybe if you went water, you might hit it. :D

From the reviews on the Tuniq I have seen.. and the looks/specs of the fan, it should be quite possible to get a much higher flowing fan in order to drop the temps quite a bit.

Back