E6700 vs Q6600

DeadByDawn

Limp Gawd
I have two processors right now.
I currently have a E6700 dual core installed OCd at 2.8 ghz.
I also have a q6600 quad core gathering dust.

I am running XP right now and with todays games (2142 and WOW).
I figured its not worth swaping out for the quad since it runs at 2.4 instead of 2.67.

Should i swap now or wait for a later date when games use multi cores (i dont have supreme commander either) ?

Thanks

Ummm.. Not going to ask why you have it collecting dust. Sell it if your not using it. since price cuts are coming. you never know might get an eager beaver wanting to purchase.

and your overclock isnt that high for that cpu..

All I can say is. read up a lil more about your cpus, and see what benefits you for your everyday use. if you game. The quad will be great down the road. as of right now? no.

Ummm.. Not going to ask why you have it collecting dust. Sell it if your not using it. since price cuts are coming. you never know might get an eager beaver wanting to purchase.

and your overclock isnt that high for that cpu..

All I can say is. read up a lil more about your cpus, and see what benefits you for your everyday use. if you game. The quad will be great down the road. as of right now? no.

I know its a weak overclock, but i am using air cooling and my biggest problem is my rooms ambient temp. My computer sits in the hottest room in my house so in the summer the ambient temp is like 79+ degrees. I could probably go higher, but dont really need to right now.

I will stick with the E6700 now, until games come out that use multi-cores or i upgrade to vista.
From the research i have done for my current games, my performance would be slightly lower with the quad. Not even a big deal, but whats the fun of upgrading, knowing your performance is going down in the short term.

I wont be selling either processor, so i own both for now.

My next questions are as follows:
Do you think the Q6600 can be overclocked to at least give the same performance as the e6700 for current games? If i want to OC will my 850w power OCZ power supply be enough. My rigg is in my sig.

Thannks

Back