e6700 temp?

Wildman_CAL

Weaksauce
Can someone tell me if 50c is too hot for a e6700 Core 2 when it's idle? I'm using the stock heatsink and have made sure to reapply new AS5. Case is an Antec 900 and mobo is ASUS P5N32-SLI.

Any help would be appreciated.

That is pretty hot, however that is just under what I got on my e6420 with the stock HSF. IMO the stock HSF is crap and you should upgrade it to something with a better mounting mechanism.

with an antec 900 that is pretty damn hot.
try setting yr cpu fan to 100%

You probably have too much thermal compound between the HS and the CPU. I was running ~50c at 100% load at 3.2 Ghz with the stock HS. (also on an e6700)

Yeah, that's way too hot for an idle temp (I think the C2D is good up until 85c, plus good ole' Intels throttling mech), maybe you just need to reseat your chips HSF. (don't sweat it, we all blow it in the heat sink department once in a while) If you can, replace the stock HSF with one of the many custom HSF's on the market, I think you'll notice a big drop in temps, both idle and, more important, load temps. I have an Antec case for one of my C2D's and they seem to be good cases.

Mine runs at 40-41c idle with the stock intel cooler.

Running TAT for 10 min it only got up to 55-57c.

I'd have to say 50c at idle is high.

Back