[email protected] WinXP32bit -- GPU&SMP?

HighYield

Gawd
I have a boxen that is [email protected] with 2 gig of ram. Can I run an SMP client and a GPU client with an 8800GTX using WinXP. (Currently I have Vista on this box and it works great with GPU and SMP (5300+~1500 ppd). I would like to move my Vista to another Q6600 boxen that has a mobo with 2 PCI-E slots for more folding output than this E6700 rig.

My guess is that it would really struggle, but I haven't tried it. Any thoughts?

Get a OEM vista license for cheap.

/thread

Agree, get Vista and the above is possible with out it you need a Quad to do it...

Yes you can.
I did that while running the GPU1 client.
But it would be a question of will the SMP client then make the preferred deadlines.

Going from 2x CPU cores to only 1x CPU core will slow the SMP client down by 35-45% depending on the protien and how you've set affinity.

Luck .............. :D

Get a OEM vista license for cheap.

The Vista part is cheap but I am also buying another GPU for another boxen....

I think my GTX260 is going to be on this credit card bill too. I am going to get my ass handed to me....well as long as I'm in deep, might as well go all the way.

I already have the media for 64bit Vista SP1 but not a license code. Not wanting to wait for NewEgg to mail out another DVD is there a way to purchase the OEM activation code online somehow? I only mean from legit sources - nothing shady here.

you can install and activate in 30 days. there are ways to extend the trial period up to 120 days.

for those that do multiple boxen you really should consider either MS TechNet or an MS Action Pack. for $300 you get either unlimited unlicenses (TechNet) or 10 Vista Business ans 1 ultimate from _ction Pack. this also includes licenses for MS Server 2008.

for those that do multiple boxen you really should consider either MS TechNet or an MS Action Pack. for $300 you get either unlimited unlicenses (TechNet) or 10 Vista Business ans 1 ultimate from _ction Pack. this also includes licenses for MS Server 2008.

Good advice, it's what I do.

you can install and activate in 30 days. there are ways to extend the trial period up to 120 days.

It won't screw up the installation if I don't use an activation code will it? Last time I was installing it was getting down right hostile when I didn't put that code in.

This is my last boxen for a while so it will be better to just to drop the $100 on one last OEM license before my wife unplugs all my boxens....:eek:

Now I just need to fill two vacant PCI-E slots.

Back