• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E6600 + Rampage OC help! :[

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
6,176
So I'm having huge issues trying to stablize my OC and I would love some help from [H] members. I'm trying to hit at least 3.2-3.4Ghz stable so that I can run a 4870x2 without worrying about CPU bottleneck

CPU Vcore: 1.35v
CPU FSB: 360Mhz
Multiplier: 9.0x
Memory Speed: 720Mhz
Timing: 5-5-5-12-2T
Ram:FSB Ratio: 1:1
NBv : 1.33v
FTT: 1.40V
 
I would try these:



CPU Vcore: 1.35v <---- Increase to 1.45v
CPU FSB: 360Mhz <---- Increase to 380
Multiplier: 9.0x
Memory Speed: 720Mhz
Timing: 5-5-5-12-2T <---- Decrease to 5-5-5-15-2T (temporarily, to eliminate RAM from instability)
Ram:FSB Ratio: 1:1
NBv : 1.33v <---- Increase to 1.40v
FTT: 1.40V

The trick is to get your system stable and then work on lowering your voltages as low as you can get them and stay stable.
 
Isn't the VTT supposed to match the cpu vcore?

Funny thing, the original settings I posted is doing fine under orthos blend, 4 hrs now. But intelburntest either gets some errors or BSODs --;. Sighhh....

I will try those settings though jimbo. Do you have any idea whats the ideal temp of the NB? It seems nobody gives me a solid, this is a good temperature, rather it's, open your case and touch it and if you can hold your hand there for 10 secs, its good. :rolleyes:
 
Isn't the VTT supposed to match the cpu vcore?

Funny thing, the original settings I posted is doing fine under orthos blend, 4 hrs now. But intelburntest either gets some errors or BSODs --;. Sighhh....

I will try those settings though jimbo. Do you have any idea whats the ideal temp of the NB? It seems nobody gives me a solid, this is a good temperature, rather it's, open your case and touch it and if you can hold your hand there for 10 secs, its good. :rolleyes:

I remember reading somewhere that in most cases, VTT should be equal to or lower than CPU voltage, but that was for stability... not safety. I'm not sure if it's true either way, though. My Q9550 CPU voltage is currently set to 1.3625v and VTT is 1.40v, and I'm stable. I am going to try to lower it though, to see if I can maintain stability at a lower setting.

Your Orthos passing but IBT failing isn't uncommon. The same thing happened to me. The simple answer is that your PC is almost stable, but not quite there. IBT stresses your CPU more than Orthos Small FFT's. It sounds like you need to tweak one or two more settings, and you should be IBT stable too.

60*C or less on the NB should be fine, as far as I know.
 
Damn my NB temps are always hovering at like 60C =/ Might have to get an antec spot cool fan.... :) I'll keep playing around with the settings. I'll probalby trying bumping up vCore a bit and if its still unstable, bump up nbV and then play around with it. Just a pain in the ass to wait for the reboot =/ Especially if it BSODS ><
 
Damn my NB temps are always hovering at like 60C =/ Might have to get an antec spot cool fan.... :) I'll keep playing around with the settings. I'll probalby trying bumping up vCore a bit and if its still unstable, bump up nbV and then play around with it. Just a pain in the ass to wait for the reboot =/ Especially if it BSODS ><

Hmm, that makes me wonder what my NB temp is then. I have a P5Q Deluxe, which doesn't have a temp sensor on the NB. I have excellent airflow through my case, though, so maybe the temp is staying low...
 
Hmm, that makes me wonder what my NB temp is then. I have a P5Q Deluxe, which doesn't have a temp sensor on the NB. I have excellent airflow through my case, though, so maybe the temp is staying low...

I run a P182 with fairly good airflow in my opinion and it runs that hot normally :eek: I even re-did the thermal pasting on the Asus heatsinks and such.
 
CPU Vcore: 1.35v
CPU FSB: 360Mhz
Multiplier: 9.0x
Memory Speed: 720Mhz
Timing: 5-5-5-12-2T
Ram:FSB Ratio: 1:1
NBv : 1.33v
FTT: 1.40V

Try this:

CPU Vcore: 1.42v
CPU FSB: 450Mhz
Multiplier: 8.0x
Memory Speed: 900Mhz
Timing: 5-5-5-18-2T
Ram:FSB Ratio: 1:1
NBv : 1.45v
FTT: 1.40V

That should yield 3.6Ghz. If not, try bumping up the vcore a little more.
 
Back
Top